Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ROWE JUKEBOX WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL KIT 21957502 (problem)  (Read 1684 times)

Prop Nut...

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2021, 02:46:27 pm
ROWE JUKEBOX WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL KIT 21957502 (problem)
« on: September 20, 2020, 02:23:10 am »
Hi,

I recently acquired a ROWE JUKEBOX WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL KIT #21957502. I found instructions on how to install it, step by step, form another thread. The issue I'm having is that the IR remote interface, has a row of LED lights. One of which is the RL XMIT LED, that starts to blink soon after turning on the power. What is supposed to happen, is the LED on the IR receiver is supposed to blink, every time a command (button push) from the remote control is received. That's not happening.
I tried to check the continuity of the four wires that plugged into the receiver to the IR remote interface. I did find a short in one of the wire connectors, so I soldered it and tested again. This caused the RL XMIT light to not start blinking immediately, as it had before, but it did eventually start blinking, nonetheless.
I am at a loss. Though I suspect that it might be the wire from the receiver to the interface, I thought that I eliminated that possibility, by testing each wire, from end to end, and finding that they are continuous, and not broken along the way.
Has anyone ever installed one of these kits? Do you have any reference pictures that you could share. Or, do you know what might be causing this issue that I'm having?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!