Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Side project while I procastinate on my VPin  (Read 1858 times)

LTC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 05:36:45 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Side project while I procastinate on my VPin
« on: September 18, 2020, 10:51:08 pm »
About 2 years ago, before I bought my current house with a dedicated game room, I put together this bartop from an $80 ebay kit and a RaspberryPi.

Ran across a $99 mini fridge at Costco, and decided that it was time to make "Bartop" for my bartop :) My old knees will thank me for not having to go downstairs every time I need a cool bevarage.

Started with a frame built from 2x3s

Cut out the sides and flush trimmed with router

Screwed together for test fit

Cut the countertop panel

I was working by a cabinet shop and popped my head in and asked if they had any scarp black laminate and scored a piece that was just the size I needed.
Got the laminate installed and trimmed with router. First time ever doing this. Came out pretty good.

Installed T-molding to match the bartop

Now just need to cut the "skirt" for under the countertop, sand and paint the rest of the cabinet. 

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
Re: Side project while I procastinate on my VPin
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 06:08:41 pm »
Awesome! I did something similar to my bartop here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,158517.0.html

I like the idea of the mini-fridge. I considered it, but ultimately I decided that I didn't want to deal with the noise of a fridge and stocking it seemed like a hassle. I love the idea though and I'm sure it'll be awesome for wherever you are putting it.

LTC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 05:36:45 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Side project while I procastinate on my VPin
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 09:21:33 am »
And done (for now). I may add a fake coin door sticker to the fridge door and maybe some of these cupholders https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-Stainless-Holder-Marine-Camper/dp/B01GCC5LZS/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=led+cup+holder&qid=1601472002&sr=8-19 on the sides at a late time.