Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neo geo bartop plans  (Read 1042 times)

Nevermore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2021, 08:40:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Neo geo bartop plans
« on: September 17, 2020, 11:11:40 am »
Good day everyone.
This is my first post here on the forum so i will briefly introduce myself.
I am jeff and i live in belgium, i have had a couple of arcade cabinets (currently only 1 touhgh) and have been dabbling with them for the last 17 years or so.
Now to the point if this post.
Since i love neo geo i wanted to build my own 2 player neo geo mvs bartop.
The thing is i cant seem to find any plans to do this, everything would be hand build since i dont have acces to a cnc cutter.
If one of you could possible point me in the right direction it would be appriciated a ton.
As soon as i start on the build i plan on posting a detaild build log on this that if anyone is interested in doing the same thing they can find all the info in one place 😉.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
Re: Neo geo bartop plans
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 11:47:43 am »
Someone here did a single player bartop years back: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,114435.0.html

And the design was done up in Sketchup: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,114435.msg1253724.html#msg1253724

Could use that as a starting point an adapt a 2 player layout, though IMO a 2 player CP would be too cramped.

Nevermore

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2021, 08:40:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Neo geo bartop plans
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:19:15 pm »
My firts tought was to build a full size  mvs cabinet since finding one here in belgium is a pregty diffucult thing to do if you dont want to go broke.
And even if i build one finding a nice crt or even 4:3 screen to put in it would prove to be very hard.
It would look awesome next to my other cabinet tough 😁.
I had a bartop before but that was indeed a 1 player one and accomoodating for a second player would prove pretty difficult.
I could opt to go for one of those self assembly packages but i am never happy with their shape.
I still have 2 mvs boards laying around thats why i opted to go this rout.