Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: sensor Bar mounting questions  (Read 2233 times)

vertexguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 05:26:12 pm
  • ...but this one goes to 11.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161694.0.html
    • V E R T E X G U Y - The Online Portfolio of Chris Kline
sensor Bar mounting questions
« on: September 13, 2020, 04:35:21 pm »
Hey all, I'm going to be using a Extreme IR Sensor Bar V2 in my cabinet with Aimtrack guns.  Couple questions on how best to mount the sensor:

1 Should the sensor match the angle the monitor is mounted at (20 degree slant) or be level with the player for the best performance?

2. What are people using to hide the sensor bars?  I was thinking of some plexi that's tinted black but not sure if that will hurt the performance any?  If I can / should use black plexi, any suggestion for where I can find a dealer selling very small pieces?  So far I've only gone to local box stores and they only seem to carry small clear sheets.  I picture a small slit at the top of my bezel where this plexi would go with the sensor behind it.  There would also likely be another sheet of clear plexi on top of the bezel (debating this).

What do you guys recommend?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: sensor Bar mounting questions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 04:37:59 pm »
The bar should be mounted directly facing the player.
You can mount it behind lightly tinted perspex.

DJRobbyD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2020, 04:56:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: sensor Bar mounting questions
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:02:55 am »
I took the two small sensor covers I got with the guns and opened up the ends and put them together.