Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Solenoid springs in the UK?  (Read 4867 times)

Podbod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2022, 04:10:00 pm
Solenoid springs in the UK?
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:23:38 am »
Hey guys,

The recoil on my real arcade gun/jolt gun is very weak. If I hold it at a 45 degree up angle it's not strong enough to return the slide back.

Ive seen that arcade guns sell a better spring but it's not worth shipping to a UK adress
http://www.arcadeguns.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Does anyone know of somewhere in the UK that might sell something similar. I also assume that one designed for a Namco arcade gun is most likely the same.

Cheers

Pod

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Solenoid springs in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:55:24 am »
If they are the same as the aim trak springs you could contact Andy at ultimarc, I am sure he could hook you up.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:53:51 am »
Ah. Yeah. I haven't been clear. I'm specifically looking for a spring to control the slide recoil which is bigger and stronger. I have the aimtrak solenoid and the default spring.

Although maybe I'm confused how it works. Let me take some pictures later.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:58:55 am by Podbod »

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 10:10:53 am »
Here's a picture of the two. I'm going to re-read the conversion thread and see what others have done. As there's quite a difference in size between the stock solenoid and Andys.

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 03:06:18 pm »
ok. So I thought other people had used the aimtrak solenoid in one of these guns but I cant find any record of that in the threads so I'm going to assume this cant be done. The pull distance isnt large enough and the big head on the bolt means it wont sit in there anyway. Plus theres no way to secure it on the other side of that wide part.

So I'm going to make a new thread to try and just replace the solenoid without costing myself an arm and a leg.

Pod

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 05:04:22 am »
Been a while since I posted this. Just wondered if anyone in that period had replaced a Real arcade/jolt gun solenoid compression spring and had any info on type or buying location. While I replaced the solenoid for a much stronger one. the spring is still a bit weak.

Cheers

Pod