Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Use RCPS3 Move Games with Lightgun using scripts  (Read 64354 times)

bryhud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Re: Use RCPS3 Move Games with Lightgun using scripts
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2020, 02:13:19 pm »
1920 x 1080

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2020, 02:21:23 pm »
Hi man, i saw in another forum you have a good scaling script, can you please give me it, it will be great for me also:)

"I just solved this problem on another forum. The problem is scaling. Right click on desktop and choose Display settings and change to 100%. For me this was not ideal though because it made everything on my TV too small when I wasn't playing the game. So someone gave me a script to solve this. Let me know if you need the script but it's a little difficult you need settings in your registry."

I have a script for Time Crisis 5 not RPCS3 that changes scaling. Do you need it for Time Crisis 5?

yes please, it will also be good for any teknoparrot and etc game.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2020, 02:28:32 pm »
Hi man, i saw in another forum you have a good scaling script, can you please give me it, it will be great for me also:)

"I just solved this problem on another forum. The problem is scaling. Right click on desktop and choose Display settings and change to 100%. For me this was not ideal though because it made everything on my TV too small when I wasn't playing the game. So someone gave me a script to solve this. Let me know if you need the script but it's a little difficult you need settings in your registry."

I have a script for Time Crisis 5 not RPCS3 that changes scaling. Do you need it for Time Crisis 5?

yes please, it will also be good for any teknoparrot and etc game.

You will have to get your monitor number and change it where it says TSB020616843009_00_07DA_23^CABA4468DAB47AC700B3F9C0FB465213 that is mine you would have to enter your own in both places, you would also change the resolution if needed. And again this is for Time Crisis 5 you would have to make alot of other changes. I tried the cutout the parts about Time Crisis 5, I hope this is accurate.

This changes Time Crisis 5 to 100% scaling on the fly and changes it back to 150% after I hit escape both automatically. To get your monitor number You have to hit Windows + R and type regedit and go here

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#SingleInstance, force

SetDpi(-2)
sleep, 100

SetDpi(dpi) {
    RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PerMonitorSettings\TSB020616843009_00_07DA_23^CABA4468DAB47AC700B3F9C0FB465213, DpiValue, % dpi
    RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\ScaleFactors\TSB020616843009_00_07DA_23^CABA4468DAB47AC700B3F9C0FB465213, DpiValue, % dpi
    ChangeResolution()
}
return

ChangeResolution(Screen_Width := 1920, Screen_Height := 1080, Color_Depth := 32) ; change these values for your screen resolution
{
    VarSetCapacity(Device_Mode,156,0)
    NumPut(156,Device_Mode,36)
    DllCall( "EnumDisplaySettingsA", UInt,0, UInt,-1, UInt,&Device_Mode )
    NumPut(0x5c0000,Device_Mode,40)
    NumPut(Color_Depth,Device_Mode,104)
    NumPut(Screen_Width,Device_Mode,108)
    NumPut(Screen_Height,Device_Mode,112)
    Return DllCall( "ChangeDisplaySettingsA", UInt,&Device_Mode, UInt,0 )
}
return

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2020, 02:38:02 pm »
Very nice, thanks!

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2020, 02:42:53 pm »
1920 x 1080

When I put 1920 x 1080 in WindowedBorderlessGaming it makes the screen way too big where it doesn't fit. I tried changing DPI settings hasn't helped.  I know since you're not having this issue it's something on my end I've had a lot of monitor problems lately.

I'm just having all kindsa hell with this when I bet it's been simple for you lol.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 02:48:03 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2020, 02:49:32 pm »
Very nice, thanks!

I forgot one other thing the dpi numbers will be different for me and you since mine recommends 150% if yours recommends 100%. The numbers go like this for you if yours recommends 100%.

100 = 0

125 = 1

150 = 2

etc

If it recommends 150%

100 = -2

125 = -1

150   recommended = 0

175 = 1

200 = 2

So you have to change it where it says SetDpi(# goes here)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 02:51:33 pm by Jayinem »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2020, 03:03:36 pm »
Here are some things I did a little different

I am using rocketlauncher and hyperspin to run the games

I set the resolution in rcps3 to 1920x1080
I set the rcps3 title by going to settings -> emulator -> game window title and change it to %T. This then only displays the title of the game
On first launch i do the add title, select the game and hit F3 button for windows borderless gaming
I removed the references to nomousy from the script because I was having issues with it coming back mid game. I instead run a pre launch script to start no mousy and a post exit script to set it back.
I am then running the compiled ahk for each game. I have razing storm and deadstorm pirates set up as of now. Both are working well in this scenario.
I also mapped some of the arcade cabinet buttons using rocketlauncher keymapper, button 1 is mapped to a and button 2 is mapped to c & k

This way I launch the game, it opens in windowed mode briefly then switches to fullscreen, i use the aimtrak to calibrate then push button 1, then 2 to exit calibration and start game. Exit button on my cabinet is mapped to escape which closes everything out and exits back to hyperspin.

I dont seem to have any issues calibrating in this full screen mode. I have repeated the steps 15-20 times for each game and the calibration is good.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2020, 04:26:20 pm »
I've done everything you said but I have to retry or something later today. I must have Time Crisis Razing Storm fullscreen.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2020, 04:43:46 pm »
Unfortunately, i just found out the "fake full windowed" script doesnt work well with Time Crisis 4.
there are parts in the game where you must turn to the sides with the "psmove", but it just doesnt do it, no matter how much i moves the wiimote/mouse left or right...what a bummer.
can someone check if it works with the boardless software?
thanks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:48:41 pm by lllll44 »

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2020, 04:51:02 pm »
Here are some things I did a little different

I am using rocketlauncher and hyperspin to run the games

I set the resolution in rcps3 to 1920x1080
I set the rcps3 title by going to settings -> emulator -> game window title and change it to %T. This then only displays the title of the game
On first launch i do the add title, select the game and hit F3 button for windows borderless gaming
I removed the references to nomousy from the script because I was having issues with it coming back mid game. I instead run a pre launch script to start no mousy and a post exit script to set it back.
I am then running the compiled ahk for each game. I have razing storm and deadstorm pirates set up as of now. Both are working well in this scenario.
I also mapped some of the arcade cabinet buttons using rocketlauncher keymapper, button 1 is mapped to a and button 2 is mapped to c & k

This way I launch the game, it opens in windowed mode briefly then switches to fullscreen, i use the aimtrak to calibrate then push button 1, then 2 to exit calibration and start game. Exit button on my cabinet is mapped to escape which closes everything out and exits back to hyperspin.

I dont seem to have any issues calibrating in this full screen mode. I have repeated the steps 15-20 times for each game and the calibration is good.

can you upload your script please? i will try to delete the frontends part, cause i dont use any.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2020, 05:01:17 pm »
Unfortunately, i just found out the "fake full windowed" script doesnt work well with Time Crisis 4.
there are parts in the game where you must turn to the sides with the "psmove", but it just doesnt do it, no matter how much i moves the wiimote/mouse left or right...what a bummer.
thanks.

Did you change controller to motioncontroller in the settings that come up before the first stage? Time Crisis 4 is the only game you have to change it the other games change automatically.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2020, 05:04:25 pm »
Can someone upload this boardless software?...the link on the site doesnt work.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2020, 05:08:03 pm »
thanks.

yes, motion controller no7...if not, the mouse will not move.
did you try this game with the script?

Did you change controller to motioncontroller in the settings that come up before the first stage? Time Crisis 4 is the only game you have to change it the other games change automatically.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2020, 05:09:04 pm »
thanks.

yes, motion controller no7...if not, the mouse will not move.
did you try this game with the script?
i wonder if there a way to play 2 players as 2 psmove controller emulation.

bryhud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2020, 05:22:14 pm »
Does Time Crisis 4 work also? Buttons don’t seem to work.  Thanks

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2020, 05:30:02 pm »

yes, it works, but you must set "motion controller no7" in controller (in the game setting itself, not rpcs3 settings).
and you also must check "write color buffer" in rpcs3 gpu settings.

bryhud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2020, 05:45:55 pm »

yes, it works, but you must set "motion controller no7" in controller (in the game setting itself, not rpcs3 settings).
and you also must check "write color buffer" in rpcs3 gpu settings.

Ok thanks!

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2020, 06:15:00 pm »
I don't understand why I tend to always have problems that others dont. 1920 x 1080 doesn't work for me (yes I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor and that is the resolution it is set to in Display settings) I had to set both rpcs3 and WindowedBorderlessGaming to 1280 x 720 to get fullscreen, it's the only resolution that will. I can live with that, and I can't calibrate properly with my gun but i figured out if I use my mouse I can. No problem there. But the only problem is I cannot get WindowedBorderlessGaming to remember to apply the setting next time I play the #@$*(ing game! I have tried fresh installs of rpcs3, fresh installs of WindowedBorderlessGaming. Here are images maybe you can see something wrong.

I add window hit F3 and it goes fullscreen, but the next time I play it it's back to not fullscreen.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:19:01 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2020, 06:44:50 pm »
I think I figured it out it's because I made a custom config in RPCS3 it was still showing the full title instead of just the game. But when I deleted the custom config the game wouldnt' work anymore so I'm having to reinstall RPCS3.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2020, 06:49:20 pm »
Please try it with time crisis 4, and tell me how it works with the section when you need to move to the sides...
thanks.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2020, 06:53:04 pm »
I would but I'm having more problems. I redownloaded rpcs3 and when run the game it crashes. One thing after another.

E {GDB Server} GDB: Failed to bind socket on '127.0.0.1:2345'.
E {GDB Server} GDB: Could not establish new connection.
F sys_net: Failed to bind DGRAM socket to 3658 for P2P!
S GUI: Boot successful.

And it doesn't boot.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:55:01 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2020, 07:00:16 pm »
While I'm trying to get it work again these are all the buttons. If none of them work then there's nothing we can do about that game.

Left click = Trigger
Right click = Move
Middle click = X
Middle + Left = Start
Middle + right = Triangle
Left + right = Circle

bryhud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2020, 07:00:29 pm »
I don't understand why I tend to always have problems that others dont. 1920 x 1080 doesn't work for me (yes I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor and that is the resolution it is set to in Display settings) I had to set both rpcs3 and WindowedBorderlessGaming to 1280 x 720 to get fullscreen, it's the only resolution that will. I can live with that, and I can't calibrate properly with my gun but i figured out if I use my mouse I can. No problem there. But the only problem is I cannot get WindowedBorderlessGaming to remember to apply the setting next time I play the #@$*(ing game! I have tried fresh installs of rpcs3, fresh installs of WindowedBorderlessGaming. Here are images maybe you can see something wrong.

I add window hit F3 and it goes fullscreen, but the next time I play it it's back to not fullscreen.

You need to take off FPS, it should only by %T

It needs to be a static title, having FPS is throwing it off.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2020, 07:01:07 pm »
DOES IT NEED TO BE "FPS: %T"?
NOT JUST %T WITHOUT THE "FPS:"?

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2020, 07:07:16 pm »
OK, i did those settings, but
1. how i get mouse on screen to calibrate?
2. how do i quit from the window without alt+f4?

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2020, 07:20:11 pm »
I tried now Time crisis 4 with boardles gamins...still have problems in "turning right or left" sections.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2020, 07:38:14 pm »
I finally got it fullscreen on a new install then my gun wouldn't work only my mouse would (double checked settings in I/O they're correct) so I used another copy I had of RCPS3 and now I get this error when trying to run the game. Solve one problem have two more.

How do you remove a game from the GUI? Instead of reinstalling it would be better if I could remove a game and readd it.

This has been happening all evening when I install firmware. Just blows up rpcs3 non responsive and i have to kill it in task manager.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:45:36 pm by Jayinem »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2020, 07:46:24 pm »
DOES IT NEED TO BE "FPS: %T"?
NOT JUST %T WITHOUT THE "FPS:"?

I have it only as %T

Nothing else on the line.  The then puts only the game name in the title bar

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2020, 08:33:19 pm »
If you get those errors like I did, I updated my graphics drivers and it solved them.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2020, 10:54:25 am »
Sorry about yesterday, everything kept going wrong even starting the game would give me errors and reinstalling rpcs3 didn't help. Finally got it working again and in fullscreen
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 12:54:44 pm by Jayinem »

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2020, 01:07:46 pm »
Sorry about yesterday, everything kept going wrong even starting the game would give me errors and reinstalling rpcs3 didn't help. Finally got it working again and in fullscreen

Cool, wating for you to check time crisis 4, if you will have better luck with it than me.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2020, 01:31:29 pm »
Please try it with time crisis 4, and tell me how it works with the section when you need to move to the sides...
thanks.

I just got to the part where you have to change screens. I assume this is what you're talking about.

I think you have to use a gamepad or keyboard. You can still map keys under gamepad in rpcs3. I assume it's either dpad or left stick. I read this from people who played the actual game on PS3 they had to use a gamepad even in the real game, but I haven't got to try it myself I will later.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2020, 01:42:31 pm »
Hi! I don't know if this was done yet, I have just found out how to run the games sepparately, very easy:
Move  pirates_PS3.ppu.self, razingstorm.self and timecrisis4.self to their parent directory (USRDIR, which contain EBOOT.BIN and launcher.self), and run them form the gui (File-> Boot SELF/ELF) or by the normal commandline:
rpcs3.exe [your path]\disc\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self

I also have been messing around with TC4 config, to hide the crosshair, but I didn't succeed:
In sample_data/config system_config.xml and tc4config.dtd, there are some references to Cursor, but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2020, 02:33:09 pm »
I keep having a problem where if I shoot or left click mouse it goes to pause menu. I reset gamepad settings to default too can't understand why. I figured out it has to do with reloading there's two methods if I choose press it pauses when I shoot, if i choose the other option it pauses when I change weapons. It's because these are the mouse buttons that are meant to mimick Move in RPCS3.

Left click = Trigger
Right click = Move
Middle click = X
Middle + Left = Start
Middle + right = Triangle
Left + right = Circle

But Middle + Left is also how you reload. I didn't have this problem before though

I solved it removing the part of the script that remaps x and o to a and c+v. Have to use my mouse to get past calibration. Oh well not the end of the world.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 03:04:36 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2020, 02:50:14 pm »
Hi! I don't know if this was done yet, I have just found out how to run the games sepparately, very easy:
Move  pirates_PS3.ppu.self, razingstorm.self and timecrisis4.self to their parent directory (USRDIR, which contain EBOOT.BIN and launcher.self), and run them form the gui (File-> Boot SELF/ELF) or by the normal commandline:

I also have been messing around with TC4 config, to hide the crosshair, but I didn't succeed:
In sample_data/config system_config.xml and tc4config.dtd, there are some references to Cursor, but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thank you, works good. I was hoping for something like this.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 03:04:49 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2020, 03:28:40 pm »
I got past that part where you have to move screens. You just have to keep trying to shoot at the corner of the screen. It doesn't work great i don't think even in the real game. Probably better to use a gamepad for that but I used my gun.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2020, 03:34:23 pm »
That's how it should be IMO 3 seperate games.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2020, 11:31:37 am »

hi, it doesnt work for me for any of the 3 games...it still going to the main selection games screen, maybe i need to change something here?

run, d:\emulators\rpcs3\rpcs3.exe "d:\emulators\ps3\Razing Storm\BLUS30528\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\razingstorm.self"

q::
    MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinMove, % title, , 0, 0, % A_ScreenWidth, % A_ScreenHeight
    WinActivate, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0x40000, % title
    WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off, % title
}

esc::
Send !{f4}
ExitApp

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2020, 11:36:29 am »

hi, it doesnt work for me for any of the 3 games...it still going to the main selection games screen, maybe i need to change something here?

run, d:\emulators\rpcs3\rpcs3.exe "d:\emulators\ps3\Razing Storm\BLUS30528\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\razingstorm.self"

MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinActivate, % title
}

esc::
Send !{f4}
ExitApp

This doesnt look right to me Razing Storm\BLUS30528

Are you sure that's your path you have a folder calling Razing Storm and then BLUS30528 inside of that folder? Why?

Also did you move the .selfs into USRDIR folder?

It has to be something with your path or you didn't move them, because it works for me. Also try removing the quoatations before and after your path to the game for some reason I had problems with that but if I remove them it works better.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 11:45:00 am by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2020, 11:40:14 am »
Here is my script that works obviously the paths are different. I put my games in dev_hdd0/disc you don't have to do that though this is just where i have mine.

#SingleInstance Force
sleep, 100
run rpcs3.exe D:\Jayinem\Downloads\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\disc\TC\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self

MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id" win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinActivate, % title
}

c::