Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Use RCPS3 Move Games with Lightgun using scripts  (Read 65343 times)

lllll44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Use RCPS3 Move Games with Lightgun using scripts
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2021, 05:55:15 pm »
For some reason the script doesnt work for me anymore...nothing happen when i press "q" to start it.
did they change anything in rpcs3 that interfere with AHW?

Student123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 10:49:15 pm
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2021, 09:23:52 am »
Thanks for all the work on this guys!

Any word from the RPCS3 team on when they will implement support for guns such as Sinden? Would make our life easier just to be able to run these games without scripts.

Rocketlauncher / hyperspin is messy already for PS3 support, don't want to mess all those settings by doing batch files to launch single games.

Any word on where they are at on this or if its even on their plate?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2021, 12:23:09 pm »
For some reason the script doesnt work for me anymore...nothing happen when i press "q" to start it.

I'm not sure why but i never had to hit q to make it start.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2021, 12:28:06 pm »

I'm not sure why but i never had to hit q to make it start.

this is my choice for start button for the window to expand, i tried to change it to something else like "1", but the scrip still wont work...i guess your key is different.
does it still work for you on new rpcs3 versions?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 12:31:47 pm by lllll44 »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2021, 02:44:15 pm »
Wouldn't know, I still have the same version of RPCS3 from when I made this thread. I keep multiple copies of it one for Lightguns, one for racing games with my steering wheel, one for regular games etc... And only update the regular games because sometimes updates break things instead of fix things.

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2021, 05:54:48 pm »

A variation of this script works on the newest version of rpcs3 for me.
However I don't have to press a button on mine, it automatically changes the window size to fake fullscreen (without borderless gaming or anything else)
How do you load your games at the moment? With a front end or just with an ahk for each game?
If you want to PM me with the list of games you use this script for, the full path for each game and also the full path for your rpcs3 exe I will send you a very rough and ready loader that let's you pick the game from the list and loads it, full screens it, and also have the hot keys set up (you might need to adjust them for your layout though)
I'm away until end of next week, so you will have to wait for it.
Of course if you already use a front end like Launchbox etc then the loader won't be much use for you as is, but could be adjusted to be used inside a front end, depending on your ahk knowledge.
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2021, 03:39:53 pm »

A variation of this script works on the newest version of rpcs3 for me.
However I don't have to press a button on mine, it automatically changes the window size to fake fullscreen (without borderless gaming or anything else)
How do you load your games at the moment? With a front end or just with an ahk for each game?
If you want to PM me with the list of games you use this script for, the full path for each game and also the full path for your rpcs3 exe I will send you a very rough and ready loader that let's you pick the game from the list and loads it, full screens it, and also have the hot keys set up (you might need to adjust them for your layout though)
I'm away until end of next week, so you will have to wait for it.
Of course if you already use a front end like Launchbox etc then the loader won't be much use for you as is, but could be adjusted to be used inside a front end, depending on your ahk knowledge.

thanks.
guess it something at my end that wont let the script work in rpcs3.
but how you calibrate in full screen, i know you must calibrate in small screen, than you can go to full-fake screen, so how you do it all without a button to press?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2021, 08:13:55 pm »
I calibrate in fullscreen with WindowedBorderlessGaming. Most of the time I just use my wireless mouse to calibrate then it still works fine with the gun. Just a little easier.

I was on RPCS3 discord the other day and they're testing implementing save states. Then we could calibrate and save it and never have to calibrate again! I do this on PCSX2 already.  But if the scripts aren't working on latest RPCS3 it would defeat the purpose and won't help.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:17:41 pm by Jayinem »

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2021, 06:58:55 am »
Originally I loaded mine through Launch Box, and had an ahk that run at lunch and then waited for the game to start and then fake fullscreened it, without any button presses.
Calibrated games in fake full screen using lightgun and then just played. All seemed to work well.
I did use a wiimote and wiibar to do all my stuff but in theory the concept is the same as it is emulating a mouse for this system
I don't do it that way anymore as taken emulator off the computer and just running through original hardware instead.
But the above way worked and I doubled checked it on latest RCPS3 before going away (as you were having problems) and still worked
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2021, 06:51:57 pm »
Originally I loaded mine through Launch Box, and had an ahk that run at lunch and then waited for the game to start and then fake fullscreened it, without any button presses.
Calibrated games in fake full screen using lightgun and then just played. All seemed to work well.
I did use a wiimote and wiibar to do all my stuff but in theory the concept is the same as it is emulating a mouse for this system
I don't do it that way anymore as taken emulator off the computer and just running through original hardware instead.
But the above way worked and I doubled checked it on latest RCPS3 before going away (as you were having problems) and still worked

I'm also using Launchbox, except it's set in WindowedBorderlessGaming to automatically go fake fullscreen and I am able to calibrate just fine.

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2021, 02:52:07 pm »
Hi lllll44
Did you have any luck getting the ahk to work? I'm back from holiday and can have a proper look at it if you want. I gave it a quick go using q to make it fake fullscreen and it worked this end. I think that's how you like to do it.
Would you like it just to be as it was? Eg a separate ahk for each game, or do you want one ahk which lists the lightgun games and then you pick the one you want to play and it autoloads, or one ahk that you can make a shortcut to and add the game name as the target in the shortcut.
Cheers

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2021, 12:54:13 pm »
Hi lllll44
Did you have any luck getting the ahk to work? I'm back from holiday and can have a proper look at it if you want. I gave it a quick go using q to make it fake fullscreen and it worked this end. I think that's how you like to do it.
Would you like it just to be as it was? Eg a separate ahk for each game, or do you want one ahk which lists the lightgun games and then you pick the one you want to play and it autoloads, or one ahk that you can make a shortcut to and add the game name as the target in the shortcut.
Cheers

hi, thank you...i guess it something at my end, i just need to figure out what stopped the script for working.
withouth the "start script button" (in my case its "q". i tried different keys like "1" or "d" but it still the same) the script goes auto full fake screen, but only the rpcs3 emulator and not the game screen itself.

this is the script i use, maybe you can find some mistake:

#SingleInstance Force
run, c:\RPCS3\rpcs3.exe "c:\ps3\Razing_Storm\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self"

q::
    MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinMove, % title, , 0, 0, % A_ScreenWidth, % A_ScreenHeight
    WinActivate, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0x40000, % title
    WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off, % title
}

Enter::
Send {RButton Down}
Send {MButton Down}
Send {LButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton Up}
Send {MButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}
Return

Space::
send {RButton Down}
send {MButton Down}
Return

$Escape::
    Send !{f4}
    Process,Close,rpcs3.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "rpcs3.exe" /F
    ExitApp
return

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2021, 07:03:17 am »
Hi lllll44
Cheers

hi, thank you...i guess it something at my end, i just need to figure out what stopped the script for working.
withouth the "start script button" (in my case its "q". i tried different keys like "1" or "d" but it still the same) the script goes auto full fake screen, but only the rpcs3 emulator and not the game screen itself.

#SingleInstance Force

MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinActivate, % title
}

Send {RButton Down}
Send {MButton Down}
Send {LButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton Up}
Send {MButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}
Return

send {RButton Down}
send {MButton Down}
Return

Send !{f4}
    Process,Close,rpcs3.exe
    ExitApp
return

Are you sure timecrisis4.self is inside of USDIR and your entire path is correct for both the game and rpcs3? By default timecrisis4.self isn't in USDIR it has to be moved there double check. If it isn't there copy paste it there. I know you said it worked before but did you redownload the game or something or move the game or rpcs3?

By default it's in PS3_GAME\USRDIR\game2\timecrisis4.self you could also change the path to that or move the file then retry. Easier to move the file.  If the game is not starting it's something with your path. You have to double check it's correct from beginning to end i.e. lets say your windows user name is lll44 it'd be for example c:\users\lll44\rpcs3\PS3_GAME\USDIR\timecrisis4.self if the file is there. You have to make sure the path is exactly matching where the actual file is, and maybe you made some change like moved the location of the game not realizing it effected it. To get your full path in any folder in Windows you can right click on the folder name on top and choose edit address then it will show you the full path whereever timecrisis4.self is you need to put that full path in your script same for rpcs3.exe.  My path will not match your path to the file for example.

Your script says

c:\RPCS3\rpcs3.exe is the location for rpcs3.exe

c:\ps3\Razing_Storm\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self is the location of timecrisis4.self

It seems odd that you would have both RPCS3 and a ps3 folder on the root of your c: drive but maybe you do only you would know and can check if you don't know. Do you have it setup like that where you have one folder called RPCS3 for the emulator on your c: drive root and one folder called ps3 for games on c: drive root? Otherwise it won't work because your paths are wrong. Anyway it's got your be your path regardless of what it is only you can figure it out.

Mine looks like this (I don't need a path to rpcs3.exe because I'm running the script in the same location as rpcs3.exe)

run rpcs3.exe --no-gui "D:\Jayinem\Downloads\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\disc\TC\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self"

Mine differs from yours as it's not on the root of the drive it's on the path of my username (Jayinem) inside a folder I made called Downloads and my timecrisis4.self is inside USDIR.

If you still have trouble screen capture your location of rpcs3.exe and timecrisis4.self by hitting ctrl + print screen and paste it in something like paint and upload it I can most likely help you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 07:23:29 am by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2021, 07:27:35 am »
1. do you know what buttons can change the screens with a controller?
2. this is my paths...

I notice on this old post here you have them in a folder called Emulators, you then posted a script like this run, d:\emulators\rpcs3\rpcs3.exe "d:\emulators\ps3\Razing Storm\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self"

it seems you've moved game and the emulator and that is probably why your script doesn't work anymore. The reason I know this is there's nothing that says Emulators in your script and now your script says c: drive instead of d:. If you move the folder or rename a folder or anything, you have to change the script. The path has to match perfectly or it won't know where to find the game or emulator.

You have to get a little bit better with Windows paths to use these scripts as this isn't the first time you've had these path issues in this thread. If you're unable to solve it still I would again recommend you screen capture your rpcs3.exe location and timecrisis4.self location.  And when you get it working this time I would recommend not to move them again or at least know how to update the script if you do.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 07:42:45 am by Jayinem »

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2021, 05:15:06 pm »
Hi lllll44
Cheers

#SingleInstance Force

MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinActivate, % title
}

Send {RButton Down}
Send {MButton Down}
Send {LButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton Up}
Send {MButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}
Return

send {RButton Down}
send {MButton Down}
Return

Send !{f4}
    Process,Close,rpcs3.exe
    ExitApp
return

Are you sure timecrisis4.self is inside of USDIR and your entire path is correct for both the game and rpcs3? By default timecrisis4.self isn't in USDIR it has to be moved there double check. If it isn't there copy paste it there. I know you said it worked before but did you redownload the game or something or move the game or rpcs3?

By default it's in PS3_GAME\USRDIR\game2\timecrisis4.self you could also change the path to that or move the file then retry. Easier to move the file.  If the game is not starting it's something with your path. You have to double check it's correct from beginning to end i.e. lets say your windows user name is lll44 it'd be for example c:\users\lll44\rpcs3\PS3_GAME\USDIR\timecrisis4.self if the file is there. You have to make sure the path is exactly matching where the actual file is, and maybe you made some change like moved the location of the game not realizing it effected it. To get your full path in any folder in Windows you can right click on the folder name on top and choose edit address then it will show you the full path whereever timecrisis4.self is you need to put that full path in your script same for rpcs3.exe.  My path will not match your path to the file for example.

Your script says

c:\RPCS3\rpcs3.exe is the location for rpcs3.exe

c:\ps3\Razing_Storm\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self is the location of timecrisis4.self

It seems odd that you would have both RPCS3 and a ps3 folder on the root of your c: drive but maybe you do only you would know and can check if you don't know. Do you have it setup like that where you have one folder called RPCS3 for the emulator on your c: drive root and one folder called ps3 for games on c: drive root? Otherwise it won't work because your paths are wrong. Anyway it's got your be your path regardless of what it is only you can figure it out.

Mine looks like this (I don't need a path to rpcs3.exe because I'm running the script in the same location as rpcs3.exe)

run rpcs3.exe --no-gui "D:\Jayinem\Downloads\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\disc\TC\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\timecrisis4.self"

Mine differs from yours as it's not on the root of the drive it's on the path of my username (Jayinem) inside a folder I made called Downloads and my timecrisis4.self is inside USDIR.

If you still have trouble screen capture your location of rpcs3.exe and timecrisis4.self by hitting ctrl + print screen and paste it in something like paint and upload it I can most likely help you.

hi..the game itself starting, so its good...its just the ahk stopped working with rpcs3 game window for some weird reason. will try it on another pc when i will have one. thanks for the help all:)

Bojo5150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2021, 12:18:51 pm »

I'm also using Launchbox, except it's set in WindowedBorderlessGaming to automatically go fake fullscreen and I am able to calibrate just fine.

I've read the entire thread and I confused what the "Q" button is supposed to do. Wouldn't it make since for it to just boot in fake fullscreen vs adding a button to execute it?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2021, 02:29:10 pm »

I've read the entire thread and I confused what the "Q" button is supposed to do. Wouldn't it make since for it to just boot in fake fullscreen vs adding a button to execute it?

I made the thread, but I didn't make the script. I honestly have no clue and have never used it or had a need to that I'm aware of.  I assume it's to toggle fake fullscreen and back to windowed but again I never even tried it because with WindowedBorderlessGaming I launch in fakefullscreen automatically and I am still able to calibrate just fine.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:31:53 pm by Jayinem »

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2021, 02:31:48 pm »
in latest rpcs3, some buttons layout has changes and it made me confuse with my ahk. can someone paste a good ahk settings for the new layout for razing storm and etc?
thanks a lot!

this is the new layout:

o Left click: T
o Right click: ~/Move button
o Middle click: X
o Back: Circle
o Forward: Square
o Left + Right click (or button 6): Select
o Left + Middle click (or 7): Start
o Middle + Right click (or 8): Triangle

fwiler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2022, 03:57:11 pm
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2021, 05:39:27 pm »
Here's what works for me.  I do not like pushing buttons on keyboard so I have Circle and Triangle button mapped to my gun4ir which use buttons 1 and 5 (Usually for coin and start)

I also don't see the reason for not maximizing screen automatically or getting mouse position automatically.  It doesn't effect calibration so there's no reason to set a button to these.  This is the same for gun4ir and sinden that I tested.

Place ahk script in same location as rpcs3.exe

If using Launchbox/Bigbox- add the game manually and point to the ahk script under Launching.  Do not set the emulator under Emulation! 

I'm still confused on why triangle requires a right and middle button press.  Is this hardcoded in rpcs3?  Seems odd that you can't change that.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#SingleInstance Force
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#SingleInstance force

Run, rpcs3.exe --no-gui "dev_hdd0\disc\Time Crisis Razing Storm BLUS30528\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\razingstorm.self"

sleep, 7000

MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id" win)
return

maxWindow(title)
{
    WinActivate, % title
}

;Circle Button
$1::
Send {XButton1 down}
sleep, 60
Send {XButton1 up}
Return

;Triangle Button
$5::
Send {RButton down}
Sleep, 60
Send {MButton down}
Sleep, 60
Send {MButton up}
Send {RButton up}
Return

Send !{f4}
    Process,Close,rpcs3.exe
    ExitApp
return
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:45:20 pm by fwiler »

Monsterclip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 10:41:38 pm
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2022, 10:56:00 pm »
Wow, thanks for this. It was the last piece I couldn't solve for getting out of calibration.
;Circle Button
$1::
Send {XButton1 down}
sleep, 60
Send {XButton1 up}
Return

Now, my main issue in Time Crisis Razing Storm is that pressing MButton to bring up cover and shooting at the same time (which happens occasionally), pauses the game.

Is there any way to fix that?

EDIT:
Looks like for my Aimtrak, both my side buttons (mapped to RB and MB) will click Cross. So, I just use RB to take cover instead of MB while playing and I never accidentally pause.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:45:20 am by Monsterclip »

legin71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 11:36:11 pm
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2022, 11:40:46 pm »
Hi All

The script works great for me and I can play Razing Storm with no issues. 
I can also play Time Crisis 4 but I have an issue with the trigger.  I can fire a round with the hand gun but it takes a little while before I can fire another round.  Sometimes it lets me fire off 2 rounds quickly then another pause until I can fire another round.  No problem with machine gun or any other weapons.
Unless my system is too slow??  Everything runs okay, Ive tried Vulcan and OpenGL

My setup:
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
16Gb Ram
Geforce 1060
Windows 10 pro

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2022, 12:19:02 pm »
for time crisis 4 you need to limit the frame rates to 30...than it will fix the shooting thing. also i think you cpu is weak for rpcs3.

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2022, 07:10:00 pm »
So there is no way to play 2 player in RCPS3? Demulshooter has no support and the EMU dose not have rawinput. I really enjoy 2 player shooters as I play with son. Can we make a request to RCPS3?

atalec

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2023, 05:18:59 am
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2023, 01:57:03 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to up an ancient post, but I need help to use Razing Storm with my sinden

I found this script on a turorial, but doesn't work me, at the start  of game, I have to press X but nothing work on my gun

Code: [Select]
}
Run, D:\LaunchBox\Sinden\SindenLightgunWindowsSoftwareV2.01beta\LightgunBeta\Lightgun.exe

Run, D:\LaunchBox\Emulateurs\RPCS3\rpcs3.exe E:\Games\RPCS3\BLUES30528\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\razingstorm.self --config "D:\LaunchBox\Emulateurs\RPCS3\config\custom_configs\config_BCES01070.yml", ,Hide

CursorVisible := false
Run, D:\LaunchBox\nomousy\nomousy.exe /hide

#If rightedge()
*LButton::
*RButton::
*MButton::
*XButton1::
*XButton2::Return
#If

rightedge() {
CoordMode, Mouse
MouseGetPos, xpos, ypos
Return (xpos > A_ScreenWidth - 3)
}

1::
if (CursorVisible){
CursorVisible := false
run, D:\LaunchBox\nomousy\nomousy.exe /hide
}
else{
CursorVisible := true
run, D:\LaunchBox\nomousy\nomousy.exe
}
return

;Triangle Button
$Space Up::
Send {RButton down}
Sleep, 60
Send {MButton down}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton down}
Sleep, 20
Send {LButton up}
Sleep, 60
Send {MButton up}
Send {RButton up}
Return

;Circle Button
$MButton Up::
Send {LButton down}
Sleep, 60
Send {RButton down}
Sleep, 20
Send {RButton up}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton up}
Return

$Esc::
    Process,Close,rpcs3.exe.exe
run, D:\LaunchBox\nomousy\nomousy.exe
    sleep, 1000
Process,Close,nomousy.exe
    ExitApp
return

If someone can help me please

Thx

karoloydi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2024, 02:24:14 pm
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2023, 06:47:36 am »
I managed to get it to work, but after I run the game 1 or 2 times, it boots into the game selection screen, and after I choose Time Crisis Razing Storm it goes to a blank screen.
If I try to load directly to the game using the .self file, it loads, but controls don't work any more.
Any ideas?