Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wiimote Calibration (Touchmote)  (Read 2913 times)

radianzer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2020, 03:39:49 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wiimote Calibration (Touchmote)
« on: August 15, 2020, 03:39:49 am »
Hallo Guys,

I searched for days but couldn´t find a solution.
I installed Touchmote and the wii-controller work great with my homemade arcade cabinet runnning mameui64 and a wireless Sensor-Bar.
The only problem i have is that i can not calibrate the position. In Touchmote there are 3 different settings for the sensor bar. Below, above or center the screen. But none is accurate. Since the Software is open source i tought that there must be some sort of codeline where those 3 settings are written down with its offset positions. Does someone know how to custimize this? Or another way around that Problem?

Thanks in advance and have a nice da :-)

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:25:07 am
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
Re: Wiimote Calibration (Touchmote)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 04:14:53 am »
There is no way that I know off to get accurate aiming with a wiimote sadly. I also tried that back in the days, before giving up.

lightgungamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2020, 02:43:28 am
  • I love playing Light Gun Games
    • LightgunGame.com
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 04:47:36 am »
Yeah, I think JayBee is right. They are great for pointing but not much good for “aiming”.
https://LightGunGamer.com - every Lightgun game and how to play them
Dolphin Emulator

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 03:29:22 pm »
Well you can and you can't.  I managed to get pretty decent results from my old glovepie scripts.  The problem is that dang camera.  You'd have to stand several feet back and you can't move forwards or backwards at all without having to recalibrate.    So technically it can be done, but it isn't at all practical.