Main > Lightguns

New Light Gun on Kickstarter made by Arcade Europe

(1/3) > >>

jimjim84:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadeeuropelightgun/arcade-europe-lightgun?ref=ksr_email_backer_backer_confirmation&fbclid=IwAR17kom1zRJyRDmCPJlZxLNuqhn_9f-tbBYLFgOvBeRA09T6G6gHjoj5QwM

Waiting to see more info, but thought this would be the place to discuss this.  There isn't too much information on how it would work, so I am curious to see what they reveal and demo.

SammyWI:
The Kickstarter video shows them only using an on screen crosshair.  If that's the case for the final product, this would be a hard pass from me.  The whole thing seems long on background and promises and short on details.  No lightbar or screen boarder, but no info on what it does use.  The on screen crosshair only video makes me think presentation mouse which is basically gyro tracking i think.  And those are pretty inaccurate without an on screen cursor.  The gun shell grip looks pretty bad to me.  Flat at the back with sharp right angles looks uncomfortable as hell to me.

I am glad to see more lightgun ideas coming out. The more competition the better, I think.  But I don't see much I like here.

And shipping in November?  Wow, that would be extremely fast.

JayBee:
It says at one point it uses a camera.
So I guess it's a kind of image analyzing like the sinden, but without border. Which seems like a very bad idea that might not work well on dark games with OLED screens  ::)

Titchgamer:

--- Quote from: SammyWI on August 13, 2020, 08:18:38 pm ---The Kickstarter video shows them only using an on screen crosshair.  If that's the case for the final product, this would be a hard pass from me.  The whole thing seems long on background and promises and short on details.  No lightbar or screen boarder, but no info on what it does use.  The on screen crosshair only video makes me think presentation mouse which is basically gyro tracking i think.  And those are pretty inaccurate without an on screen cursor.  The gun shell grip looks pretty bad to me.  Flat at the back with sharp right angles looks uncomfortable as hell to me.

I am glad to see more lightgun ideas coming out. The more competition the better, I think.  But I don't see much I like here.

And shipping in November?  Wow, that would be extremely fast.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly.

I did ask them direct but they just said they could not tell me anything about it.

Howard_Casto:
Well I'm not sure.  Even when a lcd is displaying black it's still emitting light or some kind of radiation.  With the right camera and the right filter a monitor might look like a glowing cube regardless of the visible picture displayed on screen.  That's just in theory though... I'm unsure if a camera exists that would pickup whatever funky radiation a monitor gives off. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version