Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help Finding Plans and Dimensions for a Particular Arcade Cabinet Design...  (Read 7785 times)

Ravenheart77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2020, 12:00:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello everyone,
    I am brand new here and am from Daytona Beach, FL. I would like to start out by saying that unfortunately, I'm ashamed to say that most of my life has been spent in books and files. I have never really had the opportunity to learn to think or work with my hands. But I am still relatively young so I decided that as a fun project to teach me some basic carpentry and electronics/wiring skills, I would build my own arcade cabinet. I am a realist and recognize that fact that my first attempt will be less than perfect, which is why I am focusing on planning quite a bit. I have some basic power tools that I inherited from my grandfather and am ready to begin. Also, I am almost finished reading the book, "Project Arcade: Build Your Own Arcade Machine" by John St. Clair, (the 2004 edition). It was a great read and helped simplify the steps. In chapter 18 of the book on page 424, there is a picture of a very unique arcade cabinet in which the control panel has two decks. In my internet searching and research, I haven't seen another model arcade cabinet that had this design, but I absolutely fell in love with it and decided that this is what I would attempt to build, (or something of a similar design). It is such a cool design. I've tried twice to post this message and include two pictures I took from the book, but each time I get an error message saying my attachments didn't pass security or something, so I haven't been able to include a picture. According to the book, it's a design by Jeff Allen from a website called Jeff Allen's Supercade, which does not appear to exist anymore: www.cybercoma.com/supercade (the links on the web-link only lead to irrelevant adds).

So my question to the community is if anyone here has any arcade plans/dimensions either this or a similar arcade cabinet design, or if you know where I could find some. Thank you all very much and God Bless

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:46:56 am
  • Designated spam hunter
That cab has a wiki entry.
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/Supercade:_Classic_Arcade_System

The wiki points to this site . . .
http://cosmicjive.net/arcade/super/index.shtml

. . . that has a page pointing out that he didn't use plans.
http://cosmicjive.net/arcade/super/plans.shtml

Scott

Ravenheart77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2020, 12:00:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wow, thank you so much. I looked at the plans and it will be a great starting point. I want to try to make a few minor adjustments for myself such as a larger monitor and the addition of another spinner so I can play pong with someone. I always wondered why all these arcade control panel plans that I see only have one spinner. I looked in google images for double deck control panel arcade cabinet plans and youtube videos, but it didn't even occur to me that it might have a wiki entry somewhere. Thank you.