Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pc game wheel support  (Read 2806 times)

jaharr01

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2020, 06:28:16 am
  • Try and fail, but don't fail to try
Pc game wheel support
« on: August 05, 2020, 10:22:55 pm »
Any good Hidden gem racing games on steam with wheel and ffb besides the Obvious ones asseta corso, i racing, forza, and etc?

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:56:47 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Re: Pc game wheel support
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 08:52:53 am »
So this is a good resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_games_with_force_feedback_support

But I don't think it's complete.  For example, I'm really looking at wreckfest (looks fun), and based on what i cna find in forums/etc force feedback support has been added.

I'm working on making my own list to add to my cabinet, so I'll keep you in the loop about what I find.

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 06:52:20 pm »
Any good Hidden gem racing games on steam with wheel and ffb besides the Obvious ones asseta corso, i racing, forza, and etc?

Well I'm assuming you already know about TeknoParrot, yes? Also GRID 2 if you haven't already played it. Best arcade racer on Steam bar none.

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:56:47 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 08:11:14 am »
Yeah I've got a bunch of Technoparrot games set up.  I'm kind of on hold as there's no power at my house and there won't be possibly until Tuesday night -- we got hammered by a tropical storm.

I'll definitely look into GrID 2.  There's so many cool looking racing games-- it's so disappointing there's no wheel support/force feedback on a lot of them.  Split/Second looks amazing -- but no wheel/FF support :-/  A bunch of the cool 80's looking retro racers are the same way.. It's super frustrating.

I've heard good things about Beam.NG -- it's basically an open world physics sandbox -- if you feel like just going for a ride and doing crazy stuff.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 10:06:29 am »
For me, Teknoparrot is one of the best reasons to have a wheel for PC. It doesn't hurt that my wheel is simultaneously hooked up to 6 consoles as well as PC so I can play almost any racer I just have to hit a button to switch to between the one I want. So most non-emulator real games I have on other consoles than PC. But I still have hundreds of emulated games set up on PC and Teknoparrot is the best.

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 02:17:42 pm »
6 consoles and a pc?!? And I thought I was clever using a switch to go from PC to PS3.

So maybe you are the expert to ask - any hidden gem racing games that may have been overlooked by the masses?

jaharr01

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2020, 06:28:16 am
  • Try and fail, but don't fail to try
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 04:38:51 pm »
Ok Im not familiar with technoparrot. I’ll check it out I have grid 2 I thought I lost it and I found it on a old hard drive. I was looking for some games I didnt have. I have dirt4, dirt 3, dirt showdown, need for speed shift, nascar heat 4, american truck simulator, and race room experience.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 11:11:46 am »
6 consoles and a pc?!? And I thought I was clever using a switch to go from PC to PS3.

So maybe you are the expert to ask - any hidden gem racing games that may have been overlooked by the masses?

Yeah lol, I've got I think 3 of the 2-way sharing devices and 1 4-way sharing device. I just had to label which device switches to which console because I got confused haha. Because to get to a certain console I may to switch one device then another device, sometimes a 3rd device. The wheel is a Xbox 360/PC wheel but with adapters you can make it work on just about any console with adapters. The Mayflash Magic NS (Amazon, $25) allows it to work on PS3, Wii U and Nintendo Switch obviously you would need one for each if you want them to work at the same time. Then for newer consoles there's an adapter called Brook that allows it to work each of PS4 and Xbox One uses a different brook adapter.  With adapters you can pretty much hook anything up to anything nowadays.

I don't know if I have a lot of hidden gems really to mention. But i think people should take advantage of non-traditional racing games with their steering wheel. Games like Jet Moto for example is a lot of fun with the steering wheel. I don't know if they qualify as hidden gems or not but I am having a lot of fun with the Initial Ds on Teknoparrot. I finally got them all working it took awhile. The controls are really smooth in those.

I made this thread awhile back where with adapters I got games like Grand Theft Auto to work fully with my wheel for driving and am able, with the same player to use a Dualshock 3 for on foot stuff on PS3. It does require a $25 Mayflash adapter.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,163122.0.html

I also on my hacked PS3 was able to remap buttons for PS2 ISOs. So all PS2 games can be played on PS3 with proper controls (i.e. accelerate/brake) I could give you more info if you want but of course you could also just play PS2 games on PC if your PC can handle it. This is how I was able to get the Grand Theft Auto PS2 games working with wheel/controller, the PS3 Grand Theft Autos were already set to the correct buttons. But it's good for traditional racing games too like Gran Turismo 4.

Also check this out it's a huge list of racing games it helped me find some I wasn't aware of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_racing_video_games
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 11:35:33 am by Jayinem »

Vicinus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2021, 06:54:39 am
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 05:15:49 pm »

Yeah lol, I've got I think 3 of the 2-way sharing devices and 1 4-way sharing device.

What devices do you guys use and does it include audio?
While I have no issues sharing one display for PC and PS3, my audio is way to quiet when I use my Y-cable (both connected to the same 2.1 Logitech system) and my self-made USB-Y-cable for the wheel does not work with the PS3 since it apparently is too long.

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 08:43:43 pm »
For display, I use an HDMI splitter from Amazon (search HDMI Splitter, GANA HDMI Switch Bidirectional). And for the wheel, I use a USB  hub (search USB 3.0 Switch Selector,ABLEWE KVM Switcher Adapter 4 Port USB Peripheral Switcher Box Hub) also from Amazon. Volume seems pretty level between systems and wheel works great.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 09:30:53 pm »
What I'm talking about is just sharing devices that let you switch between pc or other consoles by hitting a button. You're not seeing them at the same time you have to switch to one. No audio is involved, the audio would be the same as it was on whatever device you're using. These are just usb devices not HDMI devices They're just cheap sharing devices that use printer cables you buy on Amazon.

2way
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Computers-Peripherals-Indicators-USB-SW20/dp/B074TZKGVR/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=2+way+sharing+device&qid=1597282212&sr=8-10

4way
https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_atf_aps_sr_pg1_1?ie=UTF8&adId=A040054115B0IYBFKWQ63&url=%2FSelector-Switcher-One-Button-Swapping-Keyboard%2Fdp%2FB07ZK36RBJ%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1_sspa%3Fdchild%3D1%26keywords%3D2%2Bway%2Bsharing%2Bdevice%26qid%3D1597282212%26sr%3D8-1-spons%26psc%3D1&qualifier=1597282211&id=8646499615284173&widgetName=sp_atf

I have them all hooked up to each other with my steering wheel. So if I want to switch from PC to Wii U, PS3, PS4, Switch, Xbox One or Xbox 360 they're ony a button away and my wheel works on that device.  But again some of them needed adapters to make the wheel made for Xbox 360/PC work on that console.  These are just usb 2.0 that's all my wheel needs. But as MotownC mentioned there are usb 3.0s and perhaps some of the newer wheels require them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:38:48 pm by Jayinem »

Vicinus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2021, 06:54:39 am
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 08:24:57 am »
Hey guys, thanks a lot for your answer. That will probably solve my wheel issue.

But I'm still not sure how to the audio part. How do you connect console and PC to one audio system? In my case it's the Logitech Z313 and its only in is a 3.5mm jack. And when i use that y-cable i mentioned the sound is very quiet on the pc. Maybe that is too long either? Although i never heard of any audio cable being too long.

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 10:59:05 am »
Maybe something like this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-hdmi-audio-extractor-black/6324750.p?skuId=6324750&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwydP5BRBREiwA-qrCGv49yEjk3cJ86BEvEdmO-q7vXr4C_bk4CSpuOh5GfoItNbvvFX5WaxoCI0MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Use an HDMI switch to cycle between PC and console and extract the audio with the box. 3.5mm output to your Logitech. Just an idea.