Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need a bit of help changing a dip switch for a rom on a Pandora's Box DX  (Read 3303 times)

AbeLogan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2021, 12:50:29 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I'm trying to set the "Coin Slots" dip switch to "1" so that I can play 2 players (it is set to "2" by default and the Pandora's Box only has one Coin button, so it only gives credits to Player 1).  I have tried opening the rom in MAME in Windows, setting the dipswitch to 1, saving the configuration (which I believe is what creates the salamand.ini file in the MAME folder, and then copying the salamand.ini file into the salamand.zip rom file on my USB drive (which is what I plug into the Pandora's Box to run games).  However, it still only gives credits to Player 1.  Can anyone please help?  Thanks!

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Maybe go into the tab menu in Mame and reset the Player 2 coin button to player1 coin + some other button (ie. Up on player 2 joystick and player 1 coin ) - That way when you press the player 1 button it coins up player 1 and if you hold player 2 joystick up and press the coin button it coins up player 2.  :dunno

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:27:37 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
AFAIK the Pandoras box only supports common credit pool, (despite having left and right coin slot inputs wired) mainly to prevent people using it in commercial situations.

it's really meant to be run in just freeplay mode.

TBH the credit pool setup on pandora's box is really stupid and often results in lost credits when playing games... the 60-in-1 boards implement this WAY better.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
TBH the credit pool setup on pandora's box is really stupid and often results in lost credits when playing games... the 60-in-1 boards implement this WAY better.

Totally agree.