Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Happ pushbutton Review  (Read 5124 times)

usedelectronics

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2019, 02:57:37 am
Happ pushbutton Review
« on: February 20, 2004, 03:02:00 am »
The review of the three common Happ pushbuttons is up on my site, FYI.
I found it amusing to use a $30,000+ machine to test a $1 button.

I will eventually add a std leaf switch, and a few others to the review....As well as a cyclic speed comparison.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 03:32:44 am by usedelectronics »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re:Happ pushbutton Review
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 03:13:44 am »
The review of the three common Happ pushbuttons is up on my site, FYI.
I found it amusing to use a $30,000+ machine to test a $1 button.

I will eventually add a std leaf switch, and a few others to the review....As well as a cyclic speed comparison.

I seem to be having trouble actually accessing the reviews on the website.

But I do have a question about your "World Series" game. What other games use those sticks? I have a pair of them, but I have not made a panel for them because I am not quite sure if anything else can use them, and also, which way are they normally pointed (they are spring loaded towards one direction, but which one?).
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

usedelectronics

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 03:29:55 am »
Sorry about the dead links...Most of the reviews are still "Under construction"..

As for the world series "flickers"... The batting stick is tipped up on it's side, and spring loaded to snap toward the monitor simulating the batting. The other is oriented flat, spring loaded again toward the monitor. This one being used to simulate the "pitch". (and also for initial aiming of the pitch).

usedelectronics

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 04:40:51 pm »
The measurements for the pushbuttons are up now, and I'm working on the graphs currently. :)