Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala artwork help!  (Read 5597 times)

superrob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2020, 06:54:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mala artwork help!
« on: July 20, 2020, 06:12:44 pm »
Hello all. I've spent all day on this. Its probably very easy to do but i cant for the life of me figure it out!

On my Mala layout i would like to display an image (console logo) when browsing the games for a particular emulator.

please see the image below (very rough) for an idea of what i am trying to achieve.

i have the logos saved as jpegs.

so when i select 'n64' from the emulator menu, the n64 logo will be displayed in the designated box, etc etc.

thank you in advance.

SGT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2023, 08:29:42 pm
Re: Mala artwork help!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 09:31:26 pm »
If it were me, I think I would just use one of the Definable fields based upon the Rom,  browse to a path that has an image of the console logo for each rom with the same name as the rom.  This can be tedious to initially set up if you have a lot of roms and done manually, but you could create a batch file that creates the images for each rom automatically.  Then of course, use the new definable field in your layout...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 09:35:59 pm by SGT »