Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Newb question: Is it possible to build your own megatouch force ion? 2010-2011?  (Read 3511 times)

marty57

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2020, 07:47:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
sorry for asking a dumb question that's probably been asked a bunch of times before, I tried searching but every time I get an error saying search daemon could not be accessed.

So I recently got it in me that I need to get myself a megatouch ion, like 2011 or so. I don't want to buy a used cabinet, I'd prefer to make my own with a larger lcd touchscreen.
I see that the old software is no longer supported, so that's good.. assuming I could get the parts needed, atx power supply, proper mobo/ram etc.
is it possible to DIY one of these or are you stuck using their proprietary parts?
I don't even really know what all is needed, megatouch machines are very much a niche thing.

Thanks for any answers/input in advance :)

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:06:40 pm
Sure, i can sell you a Ion Upgrade kit for $350. It includes an official Motherboard, IOboard, 2014 security key, and a SSD with 2014 pre installed. You will need a microtouch touchscreen and a power supply and your good to go.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:55:19 pm by mahkeymike »

marty57

• Offline Offline
That sounds great!
I wanted to use a larger touch screen in my own cabinet.
The stuff you're selling will be a complete system minus the chassis?
Does this one have the adult games? I've found some lists that if what version has what, but is hard to get a clear picture.
Can you send me a list of what's included in the 2014 system?
Assuming it's got the adult games as well as the regular ones, I'll take it!

ETA, do you know if one of the used elo touch screens on every would work with this specific setup? Like a 17 or 19" one?
What resolution does this display at?

Sorry for all the questions, I didn't expect to be able to come across a newer one without paying a fortune for one on eBay, so I never bothered to research the newer ones.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:50:36 pm by marty57 »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:06:40 pm
I do not have a list of the games, but there is a LOT, including all the adult games. As far as resolution, there is 3 , 640x480,800x600,1024x768. There is also widescreen resolutions but i recommend to use a standard 4:3 because the software is picky about compatible widescreen monitors and may not display correctly. Also, you must use a 3M microtouch touchscreen monitor with an exII controller. Software does NOT work with ELO.

As i said, you would get an official motherboard, IOboard, security key, and SSD with 2014 installed. You would have to mount them in whatever type of cabinet you build or decide to use. You would also need a power supply but depending on the cabinet you want to use, you can use any ATX power supply.

marty57

• Offline Offline
Sounds great, I'm in! Pm me your info and I'll get this paid for and shipped :)