Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help Mapping Controls for NES in LaunchBox/RetroArch  (Read 1722 times)

max.r.mccarty@gmail.com

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2020, 03:50:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help Mapping Controls for NES in LaunchBox/RetroArch
« on: July 09, 2020, 04:24:47 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I have read a number of forums, and tried a number of approaches to map my arcade cab joystick/buttons to a NES the original control buttons to no avail. 

Bottom-line - I am wanting to emulate the NES (classic) with RetroArch. I don't want to use a controller, I want to use the joystick/buttons on my arcade cab. It appears that out-of-the-box, buttons A, B, Start and directional pad is all mapped, but I can't seem to get the "select" button mapped.

I have tried editing the retroarch.cfg file (there appears to be up to 15 player repeated configurations.  I tried mapping to xxx_select,  xxx_select_btn on player 1 and player 2 in the config file - and it never recognizes the "select".  As a test, I've used a few games (e.g. Zelda to complete the player registration, where "select" moves the heart). 

I have also tried going to the RGUI (F1) while I have a game launched with Retroarch, and setting the "select" to coin 1 in the Retroarch "input" settings unsuccessfully.

This seems like something over completed and should be easy to do.  What am I missing? 

Edited just now by X3R0X

max.r.mccarty@gmail.com

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2020, 03:50:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Help Mapping Controls for NES in LaunchBox/RetroArch
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 03:37:21 pm »
Bump.

No one has mapped simple arcade controls for the classic Nintendo Entertainment System?