Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Driving Force GT - Settings - MAME - Logitech Profiler  (Read 2391 times)

Vicinus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2021, 06:54:39 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Driving Force GT - Settings - MAME - Logitech Profiler
« on: July 05, 2020, 05:30:02 pm »
Solved: see last edit.

Hi,

I unsuccessfully tried to change my wheel settings permanently (in windows or in the Logitech Profiler, newest version) on three different PCs using a Driving Force GT with MAME.
It just won't work. So either it's not possible which i doubt, or I am doing something wrong threefold (most possible), or it's a totally different issue.

But first things first.
I actually just wanted to set the centering force to 0% for Mame. (Just personal preference).
So I started trying to change the settings in the windows configuration to this and it works. But every time i restart, the wheel reacts as if it's set to standard (100% centering force for that matter) although in the configuration my changes(0%) are still up! So my wheel is stiff at first.
Just by entering those settings (hitting the properties button, to be exact) in windows the wheel suddenly becomes loose and applies the set configuration.

So I tried to use the logitech profiler. Easy to setup actually but no matter what i tried it wouldn't change my settings either. Mame starts (by the profiler or by itself), but wheel is still stiff.

The wheel works absolutely fine otherwise in all applications. Well it does in mame, too, after i entered the configuration.
The interesting thing is, once i hit up a model2 game (by using the emulator directly or through hyperspin), the wheel becomes loose like i wanted. and i dont' even have a profile set up for model2.

It looks like the wheel has to be triggered somehow to apply my settings but ...well... i don't know.
So is there any solution to this?

I mean i could hit up a model2 game first (other emus or pc games, might work, too), then go back to mame, but that is quite annoying.
And since i cannot apply any profiles i'm stuck to either combined or non-combined pedals in mame.  :-\

edit: I just recognized, that the profiler partly works (rotation e.g.), just not the FFB settings (centering force). 

edit2: For those still reading this. thx :). I found a solution that seems to work. I never intended to use the thrid party FFB Arcade plugin but i tried it and it does seem to do the job. Even for those games not supported by it, the wheel applies the standard-windows-configuration as i wanted (sets centering force to 0%).
Using it with Logitech profiler on/off did not make any differences. So that is of no use anymore.
It seems that Mame just need to trigger an event to apply the standard configuration and the plugin could do what the profiler did not.

This is Vicinus, only writer of this thread, signing off.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:30:56 am by Vicinus »

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:59:33 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
Re: Driving Force GT - Settings - MAME - Logitech Profiler
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:03:07 am »
So, just so I'm clear - you were able to get 0 centering force by using the ffb plugin? I have found the Logitech Profiler doesn't change the feel also.

Curious about your preference for 0 centering force? Big fan of Pole Position?

Vicinus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2021, 06:54:39 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Driving Force GT - Settings - MAME - Logitech Profiler
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:23:10 pm »
you were able to get 0 centering force by using the ffb plugin?

Yes. the plugin solved my issue. And i really like the rumble effect in Outrun more than i thought, so that's a bonus.
I just don't really like the strong standard setting of the centering force at 100%. I would go with 10%-20% too, not necessarily 0%.

But since the profiler works for non FFB seetings in mame (roatation e.g.) and other games, I will probably keep it.