Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame BGFX 2 monitors screen 0 15KZ CRT screen 1 LCD some roms crash  (Read 2875 times)

xbrunox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:53:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi
attached to the post my mame.ini (with txt extension)

I use a multimonitor mamecab with groovymame.

on my crt i don' want any shaders but i want on my LCD so i've used BGFX like in my mame.ini

all works well for some games but not for all for example 1942 or cowboy of moomesa and others that i don't remember.

is a know bug or is a my issue?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:19:34 pm by xbrunox »

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
i've found a small solution disabling triplebuffer in mame.ini but this has solved only for some games. not for all. (for example for rastan3 or xman 6players) games that i use with 2 monitors

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
another small solution I've noticed that all the vertical games work if i make a vertical.ini in this file I must disable rotation option (for default in grovvymame mame.ini is set to 1) and i must change in groovymame  section of ini at orientation horizontal to vertical. and now all the vertical games work correct (yes I've an LCD horizzonatal and  a 15CRT Vertical clone of the horizontal)  but Ive noticed that there 'r some difference from rotate games in tab menù during game or from ini.

is this Normal?

Calamity can I have your's opinion about all this problem with BGFX?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:53:53 am by xbrunox »

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
no one has any advice for me?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Hi xbrunox,

Your setup is extremely unusual.

With GM, you can't use video bgfx and monitor custom. You must use video auto (= video d3d) which means D3D9ex. Then, if you want all games in their native orientation (so they output fine on both CRTs), you need -orientation rotate_r, or -orientation rotate_l, depending on how your vertical CRT has been mounted.

With regards to your LCD, you need to find a way to enable bgfx just for it, as long as you use it as single monitor. It's not going to work in a multimonitor setup, e.g. LCD bgfx + CRT d3d. As said, LCD bgfx + CRT bgfx will break GM as bgfx can't switch resolutions in current implementation.

So basically you'd need to create specific inis for games that you want to run on the LCD with bgfx shaders. Not very handy but please understand that GM was never created with such setup in mind.

We're working on a new Switchres interface that will be more flexible for multi-monitor setups.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

psakhis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:57:56 am
What the hell...pretty cabinet but how much does the machine weigh?

Calamity said GM was never created with such setup in mind...and i add i have never seen a machine like this  ;D

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:32:23 am
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
    • GroovyArcade active fork
There are a few games that can run on 3 monitors : Darius, Darius II, Ninja commando, Buggy boy ... And a few clones of each. I remember playing on the ninja commando cab aeons ago. But a few months ago I discovered pictures of the Darius triple CRT cab, I was really impressed.

I'll let Calamity "the professor" reply to the multi display specific topic on GM ;)

Recapnation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2023, 07:39:55 pm
    • Eiusdemmodi
"Ninja Warriors", it should be. Warrior Blade, even though for two monitors only (though I'd say "thanks to it"), is one to check and love. Sadly none of these will be playable with that set-up in multi-monitor mode.

Also, do those arcade controls slide to accomodate each of the monitors!?

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
Yes the controls slide. Now I'm at work. Latly I respond to all.
Thanks for now.

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
Hi xbrunox,

Your setup is extremely unusual.

We're working on a new Switchres interface that will be more flexible for multi-monitor setups.

Thanks Calamity but... instead using in video options auto so D3d9ex there's  a possibility for apply shaders only on screen1 My LCD and apply nothing on my CRT (screen 0 with switchres)?

thanks for your's great work!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
Thanks Calamity but... instead using in video options auto so D3d9ex there's  a possibility for apply shaders only on screen1 My LCD and apply nothing on my CRT (screen 0 with switchres)?

You can apply shaders only to screen 1 (lcd) if you don't use the screen 0 (CRT) at the same time. That's what I meant.

-video d3d doesn't let you apply shaders only to one screen.
-video bgfx does, but it doesn't work with GM + CRT.
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

xbrunox

• Offline Offline

You can apply shaders only to screen 1 (lcd) if you don't use the screen 0 (CRT) at the same time. That's what I meant.

-video d3d doesn't let you apply shaders only to one screen.
-video bgfx does, but it doesn't work with GM + CRT.

Ok Calamity I've undertund.
thank you very much.

however I noticed some exceptions. in fact if i set in video properties BGFX and disable the triplebuffer many  games work on the LCD screen1 with shaders and on the screen0 in switchres

insteead with the triplebuffer enabled, however, practically nothing works.

the problem is that without triplebuffer enabled using 2 screens I have many stuttering problems.

thank you so much!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
however I noticed some exceptions. in fact if i set in video properties BGFX and disable the triplebuffer many  games work on the LCD screen1 with shaders and on the screen0 in switchres

No, they don't.

You may think they're running fine, but the behaviour in your described scenario is completely undefined. Triple buffer is irrelevant on this regard. It shouldn't be enabled to begin with.

By now, if you need to use BGFX in your setup, you'd better use vanilla instead of GM.
Steps to create a log:

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
what is vanilla?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 06:10:14 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
what is vanilla?
It's plain old regular MAME, not a "fancy flavor" like GroovyMAME, MAMEUI, HBMAME, etc.   ;D

Current release - https://www.mamedev.org/release.html

Older releases - https://www.mamedev.org/oldrel.html

Scott