Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Soul Calibur 2  (Read 2394 times)

Ropi Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2024, 04:26:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Soul Calibur 2
« on: June 14, 2020, 09:49:58 am »
Soul Calibur 2

Anybody ever made this work?

Got the Rom.
Got the CHD
Got the sys246 bios.

Mame 220 starts with no 'missing this or that' errors but just hangs on a blank screen.

Tried various sources for each of the above.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
Re: Soul Calibur 2
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:16:11 am »
It's a namco system 246 game. MAME doesn't emulate it currently (and even if so, you would get more than 1 fps. Lol). If you really want to play it, use an PS2 emu (system 246 is based on this hardware)

Ropi Jo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 04:22:44 am »
Thank you. It's more a case of checking I wasn't doing something wrong. If it wont run on mame then it wont go into my build. No probs.

Further down the road I will want to add some other emus so I'll look into this again then.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 04:19:21 pm »
The Gamecube version on Dolphin would be your best bet, or the HD Online version on RPCS3 but it takes more horsepower to run, and the emulator is more finicky.
"The Manuel"

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 04:22:45 pm »
The Gamecube version on Dolphin would be your best bet, or the HD Online version on RPCS3 but it takes more horsepower to run, and the emulator is more finicky.

Gamecube's better because it's got mf'n Link.

Ropi Jo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 05:56:01 pm »
Thank you.

Mame (with Mala) is my main focus to start with as I'm rebuilding my old machine after the PC failed. I was only running 2D games on mame 155. The few 3D games on it were painful due to the slow proc. There were about 8000 roms on it and hardly anything worked. It was a real mess. The control panel was a real frankenstein affair. The only good thing was the 25" crt.

Now it's running a good spec I5 and I've made the crt electrically rotate. Not the smoothest mechanism but it works great. Also got hot-swap CPs so no more franken-furters. And only the games I want. No fillers.

BUT... I do like 3D fighters and 3D shooters. If I can run them in mame (and so far I'm getting many to run great) then that's ideal but I'll probably have to add some other emulators and Dolphin will have to be looked at. I assume the other emus (like Dolphin) utilise the GPU moreso than Mame.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 06:01:17 pm by Ropi Jo »