Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Well? What’s the announcement today going to be?  (Read 10680 times)

Titchgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Well? What’s the announcement today going to be?
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2020, 04:01:33 pm »
Andys production is already under way, All due to be finished in the next few weeks I believe.

Of course I dont know when the A1up deal was done so who knows.

A1U was going to be retailing the BBH cab by the xmas shopping season - so I'm sure they already have the production started ( since it takes a couple months at least to get them from China to the various retailers in order to be ready for the Black Friday start of the shopping season ) -- From what was talked about He was flown out from the UK to NY to meet with A1U pre-covid 19 - so they've been working on it for awhile at least.
Well if all goes to plan then the backers will get theirs way before xmas.

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2020, 05:32:28 pm »
Details about the pinball machines, haptic feedback, real plunger.

later

arfink

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2023, 07:55:57 pm
  • Narf!
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2020, 06:34:23 am »
You know, I hate to say it, because they're pretty cheaply made and not what I want in my game room, but from a building-to-a-price standpoint, they're kinda impressive. Like, their recent offerings might not beat a decent Mame PC build, but they're definitely a better value than, say, a water damaged old cabinet with black latex paint and a 60-in-1, judging by the morons on my local classifieds.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2020, 11:14:19 am »
Well... It could be said, The 1up, with a riser, a 5 1/2" second riser, and a computer would bring it up to height, and give it some computing powers, However, it would be heavily modified at that point and defeating the purpose, and would still would be flimsy...As for local game junk, You may be surprised what all pops up some machines can be quite reasonable, However selling them is more difficult, Dealing with stupid is not something Jenn relishes and sometimes just have to not sell it rather than deal with two weeks of drama, and a lifetime warranty.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2020, 02:11:47 pm »
would still would be flimsy...

I would agree with the flimsy aspect. Not because Arcade1up has done anything, but more to do with the 1/2" MDF. I've build a few cabinets from 1/2" MDF and it just doesn't have the durability for commercial application. However, I would say that for the vast majority of consumers, it would be durable enough. My 1/2" Arcade1up mod is ok, but it certainly isn't as strong as the 3/4" bartop that's been extended to be the same size as the Arcade1up.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2020, 12:43:57 pm »
Hey Neg1...Jenn just sold a Big buck HD (working) for 250.00 on craigslist, just to prove there are still good deals out there on the real games...Thinking of you pal,💋

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2020, 02:28:12 pm »
And turned around and bought this...Oh ya, you want some nostalgia it sure ain't 1up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 02:31:12 pm by jennifer »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2020, 03:51:04 pm »
Nice... how much did it set you back?

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2020, 04:03:11 pm »
I got that for 100.00 us, as part of a package deal, It may even work, (or really close)...It was heavy as sin however, I think it was ment to be moved as 2 pieces...Figgering in gas money and such, I would let it go for 300.00 to you (This week only, Wink)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:20:43 pm by jennifer »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2020, 05:01:12 pm »
Hey Neg1...Jenn just sold a Big buck HD (working) for 250.00 on craigslist, just to prove there are still good deals out there on the real games...Thinking of you pal,💋

Seeing as how they sell for $1,000 (most are closer to $2,000) on Ebay, and I don't even have one listed locally.... you gave someone a good deal, but it doesn't prove anything. Sorry.

The Arcade1up cabinet has 4 of the BBH games, so I guess if you sold 1 for $250, but it's 3/4 the size of an actual arcade cabinet, and 1/3 the weight, the value would be $eleventy in arcade dollars??? I'm not sure how to solve this math problem. :D 

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2020, 05:13:19 pm »
Whatever, I got 4 more of those, You want a real one?...$250.00

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2020, 05:53:16 pm »

Are those just cheaper where you are located or do you prefer to sell things for 1/6 the actual price? Attached is a snippet from my Craigslist.

Absolutely nothing in the price range you are talking. A couple empty cabinets in that range, but no bargains. Classic arcade games seem to be in demand.

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2020, 05:55:40 pm »

Why don't you actually try posting on topic for once.
I know its hard.

But there's a whole other forum for you to troll, instead of this one.

Nobody cares about your used machines here, or your bargain buys over here.

later

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2020, 05:56:55 pm »
Those prices are about double what they should be man.  I've seen them go that much in super populated places like Texas or California but that's about it.  That being said pac-man and frogger go for a lot more than big buck hunter. 

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2020, 06:30:00 pm »
Those prices are about double what they should be man.  I've seen them go that much in super populated places like Texas or California but that's about it.  That being said pac-man and frogger go for a lot more than big buck hunter.

That's not really how it works now does it Howie? It's worth what people pay for it, not what you think the price should be. :D

I don't know the exact Big Buck Hunter HD Jenn sold, but one recently sold for $3,195 on Ebay. If that isn't that exact model, no worries, BBH seems to routinely sell for $1,500ish. Sounds like Ol'Jenn might not be the best person to decide how much an Arcade1up might be worth. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-buck-hd-by-raw-thrills-COIN-OP-Arcade-Video-Game/124128536859?hash=item1ce6a3291b:g:XmQAAOSwD-5eefO0

There is a bit of resurgence in the arcade market that I would attribute to Arcade1up increasing demand, or maybe it's the pandemic. Either way, I personally have ebay'd some arcade items for crazy profit in the last month. I just got rid of the last of my Arcade1up pallet stash for another couple hundred bucks. Crazy.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2020, 07:15:58 pm »
You guys may be missing the point...I obviously can get considerably more for these machines and I do, Just offering some to you guys at the family price...Done everything but deliver them to you scoffers at 1up prices who "Cant ever seem find a good deal"...So next time you go to Wal-Mart for a box of whatever, remember...Jenn offered.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2020, 08:19:00 pm »
*sigh*

eBay prices are NOT real world prices.  They are "I'm too lazy to get off my butt and look for a deal so I'll just pay more for the convenience"  prices.  $250 is a tad low, but I'd say 3-$400 is about the going rate for an older model and that's about what arcade 1ups go for. 

I appreciate the gesture Jenn, at least.  I'm just too far away and a pandemic isn't exactly the best time to go cross country.