Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can't Accelerate or Brake in Sega Rally 2 PC  (Read 3736 times)

Jayinem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Can't Accelerate or Brake in Sega Rally 2 PC
« on: June 02, 2020, 12:35:52 am »
I have spent half a day on this and had no luck. I know I've had this same version and at least used my Dualshock 3 with no problems. It detects my Wheel (360 Ferrari wheel) in the launcher and I can turn I can change views everything but one of the buttons behind the wheel accelerates and I cannot change it. I use joytokey all the time and I tried it first nope, I tried xpadder and x360ce, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game multiple times. I installed the game using Windows 9x, ran the game using Windows 9x, ran the launcher using windows 9x all with admin.

I read something that I found on google that you have to delete a input registry key in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SEGA\SEGA RALLY 2\InputSettings\0 for it to accept input changes and I thought this is it I'm going to fix it, but NOPE no joy. Any other ideas?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Re: Can't Accelerate or Brake in Sega Rally 2 PC
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 01:26:15 am »
I'm dumb I forgot I had the Sega Rally 2 and Sega Rally 2 DX roms for Supermodel 3. It's working fine with my wheel there but there's some graphical glitches.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 03:48:16 am »
Pretty sure PC version needs combined pedals

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 10:44:19 am »
Pretty sure PC version needs combined pedals

Is that possible with a thrustmaster or only logitech?

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 05:55:03 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 02:02:28 pm »
I can confirm that you need combined pedals as I was only playing it the other day. I have a thrustmaster wheel and the option to combine them is definitely there in the control panel.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 02:49:51 pm »
I can confirm that you need combined pedals as I was only playing it the other day. I have a thrustmaster wheel and the option to combine them is definitely there in the control panel.

What control panel? You mean there's a Thrustmaster control panel? Maybe it's only for more expensive wheels? I only bought a 458 Ferrari Wheel for Xbox 360 and PC for $89 on Amazon. (no force feedback)

Yeah there's nothing on their website or the manual for a Control Panel for this particular Wheel. I guess you get what you pay for. It's only one game and I have it working in Sega Model 3 if only they'd fix the graphical glitches.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:44:34 pm by Jayinem »

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 02:08:36 am »
What happens if you go to "devices and printers" through windows control panel? What does your steering wheel show up as?

Even if there is no specific Thrustmaster control panel, your device should be reported as a game controller in windows and it will tell you which axis is doing what when you press the pedals. I have attached some images, hopefully it is of some use.

"capture 2" is the Thrustmaster specific control panel for my wheel
"capture 3" is the generic windows controller properties screen - yours might look more like this??
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:13:52 am by jonnycorporate »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 11:27:54 am »
Yeah there's no Thrustmaster specific control panel for mine.  it does show like a regular controller and what buttons do what, but I don't think it's possible to modify them when it's using Windows control panel AFAIK. Pretty sure they only made them for more expensive models. The 2nd controller listed is my Xbox 360 PC adapter to use 360 controllers unrelated to the wheel.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:31:51 am by Jayinem »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 01:48:10 pm »
If you aren't seeing a thrustmaster specific setup then there is part of your problem.  Go to the thrustmaster website and download your drivers and software.  The thing about racing wheels is they'll technically load drivers automatically, but they are generic windows drivers. 

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 05:32:31 pm »
See this is the page for my wheel https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ferrari458italia-en/

The only thing is says under drivers is    Microsoft® Windows drivers for Xbox 360® Controller, but I already have that driver. This is from early last decade since it's for 360 so most likely they started making Control Panels after is my guess. I emailed Thrustmaster and asked just in case.

Most Dreamcast emulators won't play it either because it's a Windows CE game, but Flycast on Retroarch does. However the wheel sensitivity sucks. Can't win with this game lol. It looks the best on Sega Model 3 emulator, but they just need to fix the graphical glitches. I really am trying to avoid the PC version because the version I like is not fullscreen. There's a better one that's meant for Windows 10 and has all sorts of hacks that make it fullscreen, but I like launching games directly from Launchbox and playing them not going through multiple launchers and waiting for cmd prompts.

But my cups not empty I have Sega Rally 3 on Teknoparrot working with my wheel. I have almost 150 racing games working on Launchbox and about 50 more on my RGH Xbox 360.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 06:26:48 pm by Jayinem »

jonnycorporate

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 01:34:59 am »
I don't think I can offer any other help with your wheel but I also noticed you have mentioned graphical glitches in the model 3 version of Sega Rally 3 a couple of times.

You should be using the latest SVN791 version of Supermodel and run the Power PC frequency at 100hz. There are no graphical glitches it runs pretty much perfectly.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 10:32:43 am »
I don't think I can offer any other help with your wheel but I also noticed you have mentioned graphical glitches in the model 3 version of Sega Rally 3 a couple of times.

You should be using the latest SVN791 version of Supermodel and run the Power PC frequency at 100hz. There are no graphical glitches it runs pretty much perfectly.

Awesome thanks, but do you know if that Power PC frequency only works in the GUI? I'm launching my games through Launchbox and wonder if I can still get that frequency without launching the game from the GUI.  Like is there a command line or something.

NM when you change it in the GUI it edits to supermodel.ini. Working great, highly perferably to the PC version anyway because it looks way better.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:13:40 pm by Jayinem »