Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Project AURIGA  (Read 16473 times)

Shifty McSly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2020, 02:30:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Project AURIGA
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2020, 02:16:00 am »
I was going to update when this was all finished, but it has dragged on a bit. It is 95% done anyway.

The panels are all painted -

The monitor is mounted, just need to finish cutting down the plastic bezel to fit around it -

It was very satisfying to mount the monitor, I had the wood frame pretty perfectly measured out and there was no hint of flexing or creaking. I applied some auto tint to the glass panel in front of the monitor. There are some tiny imperfections in it that were really annoying me, but they aren't really visible in practice.

I've finally received the control panel and marquee stickers I got printed, I guess the shipping was delayed by covid. The marquee was easy to slip in and test out, looks super slick imo -

Still have to cut and drill some fresh mdf for the new control panel, so there's still a couple days work to go on that, and the front door is a little warped, have to try straighten it out before I attach it, but getting really close to completion now! I'll get some proper glamour shots when she's all done.