Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Arcade Tankstick stopped working in maximus  (Read 11407 times)

isilkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2018, 03:13:19 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
X-Arcade Tankstick stopped working in maximus
« on: July 26, 2018, 03:44:58 am »
Hi everyone.
I wonder if this is due to an update in windows or some other change but...
My tankstick stopped working in maximus menus. I can see that is working in the view controls tab of maximus so it sees it but nothing happens in menus. Also I tried remapping it but maximus just does not see any input. Tankstick is working fine outside of maximus and used to work fine in it too.
I am using the official x-gaming ps2 to 360 adapter to emulate xinput
Windows 10 64 bit
MAximus 2.10

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: X-Arcade Tankstick stopped working in maximus
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 06:15:27 am »
Maximus is dead.

Get a new front end.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:41:33 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:02:33 am »
I agree with Tich, but if you are set. Maybe go in and delete the config files and rebuild

isilkin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 11:40:04 am »
I am considering a new front end because maximus has not been updated in years but my whole system, 10s of hours of work have been set up on maximus. I just really don't want to go through this again. Delete and rebuild does not work. However, it may store settings somewhere else because after deleting it completely and downloading a fresh version it is still not asking me for new license so there have to be some settings somewhere left.

What frontend do you recommend? My system has multiple emulators, windows games, steering wheel, arcade cabinets, wiimotes, tankstick and 360 controlers.. I need something that is simple... lol. I have considered Launchbox and Hyperspin.

MaseMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 08:49:39 pm
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 07:29:41 pm »
I went from Maximus to Launchbox and couldn't be happier. Very easy setup, with a lot of it being automated, like adding appropriate pics and logos, etc. Trust me, you won't be sorry. The Big Box Mode that's included blows anything Maximus could do out of the water.

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:07:54 am
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 05:30:44 pm »
Have you tried plugging it in sans the adapter? It's got a USB plug too right?

Maybe the converter is bad or has conflicts.

isilkin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 06:30:11 pm »
1. I did switch to Launchbox. It does shine in some areas but it needs work in others in particular:
a.Exiting windows games -hit or miss. Btw, what is your method of exiting games. I had to make an ahk file with a list of running processes so if it detects the process running it kills it on guide button press.
b. No option to run a script on exit per emulator only on start
c. Big box start out of focus and on exiting some games it looses focus.
d. No easy way to add change bulk setting per platform. Works ok on emulators but on anything else like exe, or bat files for arcade dumps is hard and tedious.
This is all I can think of so far after 1.5 weeks of use.

2. My arcade stick and the adapter works fine I tried it on a clean install. What I don't understand is if I delete my maximus folder completely and reinstall it why does it still have all my license info. Where is it stored. I looked in app data , all hidden folders and registry and no trace of it. What the heck where is it? I am positive that some setting are stored somewhere and are corrupt so my maximus is not working right.
3. I am making a slow transition to launchbox but it kind of painful so far.

isilkin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 06:54:38 am »
I wanted to post an update:
1. Creating a new user account in windows and transferring maximus there resolved my control issue. It is asking for alicense again. So the license is stored somewhere within user settings.
2. I am still learning about the launchbox. If anyone has a reliable way of exiting windows games please post. I have noticed that some games hook to your controllers or keyboard so using your key combo no longer works to exit some games.

In contrast, Maximum arcade constantly runs in the background and monitors your key strokes or button presses and then it can reliably exit every game. Is there a similar workaround for the launch box?

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:07:54 am
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 12:05:08 pm »
You might want to head over to those forums and ask. Quite possibly there's an option in LB to end or kill a process when you exit.

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2020, 10:45:36 pm
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 11:42:14 am »
I haven't updated windows 7 in 4 years. Maximus is all fine. Haven't changed anything since I set it all up then. Im ok with it. It works. My focus now is virtual pinball..now that has changed ...

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 07:53:22 pm »
how long would it take to convert from a completed maximus setup to launch box
i only have about 2000-3000 games or so total.. got alot of free time at the moment!

viking245

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:15:47 am
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 11:11:49 am »
You can't really "convert" it.  You'd basically need to set it up from scratch.  That said, setting up you emulators, importing your roms and then downloading the media/metadata is pretty simple and straight forward.

For the media (game images etc.), you're best to download new media available from the LaunchBox database (and EmuMovies for video clips if you have an account).  If you're dead set on using your existing media, that is possible.  But will more than likely be more of a hassle that it's worth.  Even with A Lot Of Free Time. ;)

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 10:07:51 am »
thanks. i forgot i asked this last month.  With LED Blinky causing headaches i'm looking at a new front end even more now.  I don't need to be connected to the internet to run it right? I can connect to the media downloads temporarily before windows does any updates

viking245

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:15:47 am
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 02:32:54 pm »
You do not need to maintain an internet connection for LaunchBox to function.  But you will need .NET 4.8, which I have no idea if it can be installed on Windows 7. 

(Side note: you should be able to completely turn off Win7 update service. 4 years is a long time runnin' though. lol)

Forbiddden

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2020, 03:43:14 pm
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 01:19:19 pm »
I went from Maximus to Launchbox and couldn't be happier. Very easy setup, with a lot of it being automated, like adding appropriate pics and logos, etc. Trust me, you won't be sorry. The Big Box Mode that's included blows anything Maximus could do out of the water.

Problem is us folks with CRT monitors and keeping it "real" use Maximus because it supports CRT's out of the box.
Launchbox I have had nothing but trouble trying to get it to work.
People have found work arounds and what not but requires a lot of work and not as stable as Maximus.
Us with CRT monitors are not being supported by new front end apps which is crazy to me as the biggest Arcade/MAME enthusiasts I know all have CRT monitors.
One big reason why I still use Windows XP.
Maximus and XP just work perfectly together with my big ass Wells Gardner monitor.
Plus the app I use to tune my CRT is only XP supported.