Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dammit Eugene! Defender, Stargate  (Read 1783 times)

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:59:55 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Dammit Eugene! Defender, Stargate
« on: May 26, 2020, 06:20:10 am »
Why do I love to play games at which I suck so horrifically?
Like defying the laws of physics and sucking and blowing at the same time-

In fact... I keep making control panels that include these faithful button layouts that could only be considered ergonomically appropriate for an orangutan-
Do I need therapy?

It's like being in love with the little red haired girl, and she will never know that you are alive-
Or having Lucy without fail pull the football out from in front of you- and yet you keep trying to kick the damn thing...

Or it could be the Jim Beam Peach that a friend of mine gave me for helping him put new flooring in his house over the weekend.
I may have had too much already- or maybe it was an hour ago.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 04:31:07 am
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Re: Dammit Eugene! Defender, Stargate
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 06:53:58 am »

Hehe. I set up my cocktail cab to play Defender and I only play it once in a blue moon. Because I too suck at it, but...

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:59:55 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Re: Dammit Eugene! Defender, Stargate
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 01:58:48 am »

Hehe. I set up my cocktail cab to play Defender and I only play it once in a blue moon. Because I too suck at it, but...

Funny you say that, because it was two hours of self-flagellation at my cocktail cab that caused me to lose it last evening.

To make it all that much worse, afterwards it finally occurred to me that replacing the (adjustable) drum stool that I HAD been using with a regular height chair altered my perspective so much that I couldn't shoot straight- greatly exacerbating the masochism.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.