Main > Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

How to make a dedicated MAME 0.250 Appliance on a Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 400

<< < (70/81) > >>

javeryh:
Are you guys trying to get CRT shaders working with MAME?  Is there any way to do this without taking a massive hit in performance?  I finally have everything set up the way I want (it's awesome) and this would be the finishing touch.   :cheers:

EDIT: I can confirm changing "video" to "bgfx" does not work.  MAME won't even launch.

bbegin:
Yes, as javeryh said it, bgfx is unfortunately not working with the current MAME custom build.

The reason is because we do not use X11 (no window manager) and there is 2 references to X11 in src/osd/modules/render/drawbgfx.cpp, even if we tell the build that we are NOT using X11 (with NO_X11=1 on the "make" command-line).

At the current state, the code is not taking care completely of this directive (NO_X11=1) for our use case. I filed a bug to the MAME developers team (bug id is 07738) and can be viewed at: https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=7738

bbegin:
Just to let you know the availability of the NEW disk image file with MAME 0.241 (please see the original post of this thread for the download link).  :cheers:

javeryh:

--- Quote from: bbegin on February 25, 2022, 02:42:56 pm ---Just to let you know the availability of the NEW disk image file with MAME 0.241 (please see the original post of this thread for the download link).  :cheers:

--- End quote ---

Thanks bbegin.  Anyone on the fence about this should definitely give it a try!

My cabinets are almost finished... I am having a hard time powering on and off with one button press because I think the pi still draws 70mA of power when "off" when you use the safe shutdown script.  Your image works brilliantly but when I shut down the pi, my smartstrip is still sensing a power draw so it does not turn off the marquee light or the amp.  I ordered a Mausberry Circuit that is supposed to completely cut power so hopefully that takes care of things.   :cheers:

Jaseguges:
Hello, arcade and forum noob here.  I really love the idea of eliminating RetroPie and having just Mame with AttractMode on my Rpie 3 B+.  I've tried my best to get the image working on my pi but I cant manage to get to the AttractMode Menu.  Is there a guide with step by step instructions that I could refer to?  Really love what you're doing here, hope to get it running soon.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version