Main > Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

How to make a dedicated MAME 0.250 Appliance on a Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 400

<< < (3/81) > >>

ZoOl007:
On the xu4 the newly compiled binary bombs with 'Illegal instruction'.
the assembler also gave the following warning:
IT blocks containing 32-bit Thumb instructions are performance deprecated in ARMv8-A and Armv8R just before linking.
If you have any idea or you encountered the same thing please do share or could you provide your binary through pm? I'm curious if yours does the same on my os.
We can exchange them through wetransfer or something...
edit: oh yes, I compiled mame 0219

bbegin:

--- Quote from: ZoOl007 on May 29, 2020, 01:10:01 pm ---On the xu4 the newly compiled binary bombs with 'Illegal instruction'.
the assembler also gave the following warning:
IT blocks containing 32-bit Thumb instructions are performance deprecated in ARMv8-A and Armv8R just before linking.
If you have any idea or you encountered the same thing please do share or could you provide your binary through pm? I'm curious if yours does the same on my os.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry, I've never had this message while linking MAME. I think it has to do the build architecture flags (ARCHOPTS) when building MAME.

You may take a look at this page to select the proper values for your ARM system:
https://gist.github.com/fm4dd/c663217935dc17f0fc73c9c81b0aa845

--- Quote from: ZoOl007 on May 29, 2020, 01:10:01 pm ---We can exchange them through wetransfer or something...
edit: oh yes, I compiled mame 0219

--- End quote ---

Here is my mamearcade binary (0.221) via Firefox Send : https://send.firefox.com/download/d25b295c469e7fdf/#KR9ojBH4J08N2mY_Ep7BuQ

ZoOl007:
ha... your binary runs. I can create mame.ini but then it fails with
MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failed to load driver: exynos
OpenGL not supported on this driver: Could not initialize EGL
video_init: Initialization failed!

Oh well... it's proving to be more difficult than I assumed. I'll have a look at the link you gave me for the archopts... It's just that it takes hours to compile... but, I guess you've been through that rabbit hole a lot. ;-)

bbegin:

--- Quote from: ZoOl007 on May 29, 2020, 03:02:04 pm ---ha... your binary runs. I can create mame.ini but then it fails with
MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failed to load driver: exynos
OpenGL not supported on this driver: Could not initialize EGL
video_init: Initialization failed!

Oh well... it's proving to be more difficult than I assumed. I'll have a look at the link you gave me for the archopts... It's just that it takes hours to compile... but, I guess you've been through that rabbit hole a lot. ;-)

--- End quote ---

Do the DRI drivers are created under /dev ? To check, just type:

ls -l /dev/dri*

You should see "card0" and "renderD128" under /dev/dri.

Did you compiled SDL2 with KMS and OpenGL ES 2 support enabled, and X11 and OpenGL support disabled as per the procedure I made?

If so, you should check carefully in the summary of the configuration utility and the keyword "dynamic" should apper next to "kmsdrm" at the "Video drivers" line (meaning it was dynamically detected):

Video drivers   : dummy kmsdrm(dynamic) opengl_es2

ZoOl007:

--- Quote from: bbegin on May 29, 2020, 03:20:14 pm ---
Do the DRI drivers are created under /dev ? To check, just type:

ls -l /dev/dri*

You should see "card0" and "renderD128" under /dev/dri.

Did you compiled SDL2 with KMS and OpenGL ES 2 support enabled, and X11 and OpenGL support disabled as per the procedure I made?

If so, you should check carefully in the summary of the configuration utility and the keyword "dynamic" should apper next to "kmsdrm" at the "Video drivers" line (meaning it was dynamically detected):

--- End quote ---

well yes it all checks out as far I see

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root        120 Mar 26 23:47 by-path
crw-rw----+ 1 root video  226,   0 Mar 26 23:47 card0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video  226,   1 Mar 26 23:47 card1
crw-rw----+ 1 root render 226, 128 Mar 26 23:47 renderD128
crw-rw----+ 1 root render 226, 129 Mar 26 23:47 renderD129

Enabled modules : atomic audio video render events joystick haptic sensor power filesystem threads timers file loadso cpuinfo assembly
Assembly Math   :
Audio drivers   : disk dummy oss alsa(dynamic) sndio(dynamic)
Input drivers   : linuxev linuxkd
Using libsamplerate : NO
Using libudev       : YES
Using dbus          : YES
Using ime           : YES
Using ibus          : YES
Using fcitx         : NO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page