Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mystery Cap on a 29” Makvision 2929DG multisync  (Read 1386 times)

Zorigami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2020, 04:59:12 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mystery Cap on a 29” Makvision 2929DG multisync
« on: May 21, 2020, 04:00:46 pm »
I picked up a used 29” makvision 2929dg: the multi sync version, not the tri-sync. And in anticipation of re-capping it before putting it in my arcade cab I picked up a vacuum solder pump.

Coming from doing pinball board work with a manual pump I cannot emphasize how much easier, faster, and cleaner using a proper desoldering tool is.

Buuuut I got a little ahead of myself as I was pulling caps and accidentally pulled a cap that was not included in my cap kit. And dropped it into my pile of to-be-discarded caps. Without looking at it.

I -think- I’ve figured out which was the cap-too-far, but would love to get some outside verification that I put the correct one in.

The cap on question is located at C70A on the main PCB (2929 Main PCB Rev:7). I have the schematic from suzo happ and for the life of me can’t find that cap in the schematic. I emailed arcadepartsandrepair.com (provider of the cap kit) and they couldn’t answer or find C70A on the schematic either!

The site is located immediately to the left of IC8 when looking at the front of the board. I’ll put up a pic of the back of the board (so the site is immediately to the right of IC8).

freqhog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 05:15:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Mystery Cap on a 29” Makvision 2929DG multisync
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 05:15:07 pm »
You probably figured this out already, but I wanted to leave a reply in case others come across this post. I'm working on replacing the capacitors on a Makvision / Wei-Ya M2929D4G-TS board, and I noticed the same thing as you mentioned. The kit I ordered from arcadepartsandrepair.com is missing capacitors C28, C70A and C112. They also provided C111, but this wasn't populated on my board so I left it out.

The values for the missing capacitors not included in the kit are:

C28 - 100uF 16V
C70A - 100uF 16V
C112 - 33uF 25V