Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: XBOX vs WG 4600  (Read 5792 times)

tjrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2020, 07:09:29 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
XBOX vs WG 4600
« on: May 19, 2020, 06:04:56 pm »
I am new to restoring old game cabinets. I have acquired an old bad dudes video game cabinet. It has a WG 4600 (I think) monitor. Labeled 69X0926-100.

The game works great I just have to rehab cabinet some.

I would also like to be able to hook an original xbox with coinops to it. I have been on internet for 2 hours and not been able to figure out how to make this connection. I have figured out I need to somehow get the xbox converted to the 6pin and 3pin connectors but have no idea how to do so.

I would like to be able to switch back and forth but that isnt completely necessary.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thx

tjrick

• Offline Offline
Re: XBOX vs WG 4600
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 07:36:05 pm »
Thx so much for your time.

This is where I get confused. I found that plug and some others online.

What I dont understand is when I look at the input into the WG monitor, it is 6 pin and 3 pin plugs from the original bad dudez game to the monitor (not all have wires). How do I plug that board you linked to into the back of the monitor? I need plugs to plug into where the video game plugs in currently.

I tried to upload a pic but it didnt pass security something and wouldnt upload.

I also dont understand why there are plugs that go into the player 1 and 2 ports. My x arcade joysticks plug into those ports.

Thx again for your time. Trying to get the boys into older games.

T.J.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 08:53:15 pm »
If you’re using an X Arcade then you don’t have to hook up player 1 or 2 from that board.

Bad dudes monitor is connected to your jamma harness.  That board will make your Xbox jamma compatible.  You shouldn’t have to rewire the monitor.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 10:46:44 pm »
Aliexpress has everything.  Please make your conversion reversible....  Bad Dudes and Robocop have some really cool looking cabinets.  They are in my top 10. 

tjrick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 09:42:52 am »
Thx for the warning howard. I am not doing anything irreversible. However, I suspect that the cabinet isnt original. Has bad dudez in it but name on top is different. I used to play bab dudez growing up so it has nostalgia.

How do I hook the controller you gave me to the jamma harness? I dont see and plugs that plug I can plug into the monitor anywhere. I understand how to hook the xbox onto the controller you linked but I dont see what hooked to the monitor. Do I actually insert the controller into something on the monitor or am I going to run wires from the controller to the monitor input? I see the area marked 8 that looks like an area I would hook stuff to but it isnt quite clear for this simple mind.

For example, I also found this:
https://www.ultimarc.com/console-adapters/console-adapters/x-box-av-to-j-pac-speaker-adaptor/

Does it do the same thing? If it does, why does it look so different? But it also isnt clear to me how I plug that one into the monitor either. It just says "To arcade monitor" but there isnt actually any plugs to run to the monitor.

Sorry about the question, I am a total noob at this. I totally appreciate all your time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:48:24 am by tjrick »

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 06:16:41 pm »
Disconnect jamma wiring from existing Bad Dudes board and connect to this timer board which in turn connects to xbox.

See following video for Xbox360 version.

Looks like he is also using a jamma extender in the video :)
https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/jamma-harness-extension-cable-fully-wired.html

tjrick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 07:10:08 pm »
Awesome thx! I will order it and give it a whack!