Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lego Rocket Racers Arcade/Attraction Leaked  (Read 2546 times)

kiraslith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2022, 11:12:12 pm
  • Leak-Hound
Lego Rocket Racers Arcade/Attraction Leaked
« on: May 19, 2020, 05:37:51 pm »
The attraction files for the Lego Rocket Racers Attraction (the 2009 ver, which runs properly on NT based OSes) were leaked a few days ago and with how well received the Daytona 2017 leak was here and how quickly you guys broke it open, I thought I'd share it's leaking here.

Currently it requires at least 3 PCs to actually start a race, one for the Attendant's control panel and master server, one for the character creator (1 per cart), and one for each cart, but they all use the same executable which is launched into different modes for each system. I'll bet that can be brought down to 1 machine and 1 batch file with ease. I'll note it's not super exciting, but it does use assets that were never seen in other LEGO Racers games and is an actual racing game.

The leak itself can be obtained from the usual sources (it's mislabeled as "Lego Racers Betas"), just make sure you grab the complete version and not the partial that was posted first.

Player Training Video:

Blog post describing the system in action with pictures.
http://www.cllw.co.uk/attractions/beginning/rocketracers.php
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:42:50 pm by kiraslith »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Lego Rocket Racers Arcade/Attraction Leaked
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 06:28:16 pm »
yea i played around with it for 10 mins yesterday but game sucks so quickly lost interest lol

I only used 1 pc and got into race fine so not sure what you mean by it needing 3 pcs and it uses dinput by default so inputs sorta worked

I had wheel and xbox one controller connected and ffb happened on wheel and inputs were happening on xbox controller but just axis were a bit wrong

Accl/Brake was using X Axis on Left Stick and Steering was Y Axis on Left Stick

kiraslith

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2022, 11:12:12 pm
  • Leak-Hound
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 06:48:47 pm »
yea i played around with it for 10 mins yesterday but game sucks so quickly lost interest lol

I only used 1 pc and got into race fine so not sure what you mean by it needing 3 pcs and it uses dinput by default so inputs sorta worked

I had wheel and xbox one controller connected and ffb happened on wheel and inputs were happening on xbox controller but just axis were a bit wrong

Accl/Brake was using X Axis on Left Stick and Steering was Y Axis on Left Stick

I couldn't get input over dinput working at all and didn't have the new copy at the time. I'll update the OP when I've got the complete version downloaded (anonymous file sharing systems take forever!)  Doesn't help that some whiny brat is mad someone else might be able to play the attraction he played and keeps filling false DMCA claims. I already reversed his email address, it's just some kid's Lego themed Youtube account email.

Edit: Before someone asks, I'm not posting the kid's email address or the associated YouTube account. I don't condone harassment campaigns regardless of forum rules or possible lack thereof.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:53:15 pm by kiraslith »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 10:51:19 pm »
An axis swap would take like 10 minutes to code most likely.  I'm currently migrating all my hacking data to thumb drives for my pc upgrade, so somebody else is going to have to tackle this one.  It's cool racers keep getting released though.

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 02:54:31 pm »
Hmm thanks for the news, but I couldn't find it from the usual sources  ???

ProjectRacerCab

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2022, 10:36:33 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 05:49:27 pm »
i remember the time i went. they had partnered with Panasonic and given the ride all new Plasma Monitors to replace the faulty CRTs.

this leak is interesting but googling it does not get me anywhere.

i would assume it has a single player mode also? judging by a YouTube video I watched.