Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: On Topic reply to Lakkanen (sic) re Closeouts USA  (Read 3862 times)

Quazaba

• Trade Count: (0)
On Topic reply to Lakkanen (sic) re Closeouts USA
« on: March 28, 2002, 09:28:33 am »
This is regarding the OT: Discounts USA Problem.. thread that was just deleted! My reply didn't make the cutoff I guess! For Lakkenen (sic) sorry if I misspelled or anything ....

I've really been considering ordering one of these. Can you expand on the quality of the monitor and how well it is suited for a cab? So that you know, I am wanting to build my cab up using WinXP with W32 Mame and ArcadeFX as the front end. I'll be using integrated graphics of an Nvidia Crush motherboard for video out. The question that I have is how appropriate this monitor would be to my config, its quality (visual and design), and how well it handles scanlines, hardware stretch on vertical or horizontal games, etc. How does it play the newer NEOGeo stuff with high resolutions... You know the deal. Everything!  ;D

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re: On Topic reply to Lakkanen (sic) re Closeouts
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 02:23:47 pm »
Are you talking about the EYGO monitors?

I dont' know why it was deleted, but I have one and like it.  Its 640x480x60hz and was CHEAP!

But if I could do it again, I would go with a SVid monitor.  Why?

http://www.xiaou2.homestead.com/turbo.html

the EYGO monitors look like the VGA monitors in the picture (but with scanlines added).

next, I don't have a warranty, the scanrate kinda sucks at 60hz (shows up with other apps).

Plus I have a little -nonperfect parts on the screen.  Not enough to complain about.

As the company, they seem to do a great job making people happy.  Many people were ordering them and receiving broken monitors.  They were resending monitors without questions... hey...wait... I should have... nevermind..

SVid also gives you a warranty.  ability to plug in a xbox/PS/PS2/dreamcast ect.
No shipping
Watch TV on it

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 02:27:24 pm »
other things to mention.

the 27" doesn't mount in a standard cabient without removing the brackets.  Not a huge deal, but it's there.  I had to jimmy rig up the mounting (and I have to redo it since I measured wrong and I can't get a bezel on until I move the tube back... duh).  

XtremeMAME

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2002, 08:43:33 pm »
??? I ordered one of the EYGO monitors 3 weeks ago, I recieved it last week broken of course, After trying to reach the guy on the phone for three days, I finally got ahold of him, he said no prob, I'll send ya another and send ya the tracking # by Friday, that was last Friday. After about 15 voice messages that he didn't return, I finally reached him today which he said " It slipped my mind" I'll ship ya one tomorrow. We'll see! Has anyone else had this problem w/ closeouts usa? I want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but when he doesn't return a simple phonecall, It makes it really tough.

lakkdainen

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 07:03:45 am »
As far as the picture goes on the EYGO, I have a different opinion than most.  I like a fairly sharp picture.  I don't like the scanline look.  The EYGO is more sharp than a TV, less sharp than a regular computer monitor.  For me, it is perfect.  I ocassionally use my arcade PC for other uses, like web browsing and email while my girlfriend is on my other computer.  :)  So the sharpness is just right... just fuzzy enough to make games look nice, but you can still read all the icons fairly easily in Win98.

The trick to setting these up is to change your monitor type in windows to generic VGA, 60hz.  Then it won't even try to run it in anything above that.  I get edge to edge video on every game I've tried, horizontal or vertical.  It is great.  I can't really comment on vector games though, because I'm more of a late 80's arcade fan.

Overall, I'd say it is a sweet monitor, especially for the price.  Let me know if you have any other questions...

dhenrynj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2019, 08:53:12 am
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 08:38:08 am »
I ordered this monitor on 3/14.  Jim told me it would be easier to messenger it to NJ since UPS is destroying 1/2 that are sent.  I received it last night, but was unable to test it yet.  If you need to get in touch with him I had luck through AOL IM jimrainbow.