Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pacman battle royale cocktail hybrid and taller attempt 1  (Read 3400 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:26:20 pm
Pacman battle royale cocktail hybrid and taller attempt 1
« on: April 28, 2020, 11:30:21 pm »
So  i wanted to create  a pacman battle royale hybrid cocktail table cab, but with a crt monitor, so i didnt realize that the battle royale cab, can be a thin cab because of the lcd monitor, so im asking on opinions on if i should build a larger type of a cocktail cab, i made a photoshop pic of a random picture i downloaded from google, so if the picture is from someone here, please let me know your name so i can give you the credit. Anyway heres the pic of the battytle royale cab compared to the photoshop of the longer cocktail cab and some pictures of my progress, thanks for any advice. TBH i kind of like it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:43:41 pm by abispac »

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
Re: Asking for opinion....
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:24:45 am »
I can't keep up with all the projects you are planning.  Just a couple days ago you wanted plans for a Robotron.  I will say I quit taking you seriously when you were asking for help a month ago repairing a monitor and acted like you couldn't afford a $22 isolation transformer when I gave you the schematic to protect your monitor.  Then you proceeded to destroy a couple monitors.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:40:05 am »
I can't keep up with all the projects you are planning.  Just a couple days ago you wanted plans for a Robotron.  I will say I quit taking you seriously when you were asking for help a month ago repairing a monitor and acted like you couldn't afford a $22 isolation transformer when I gave you the schematic to protect your monitor.  Then you proceeded to destroy a couple monitors.
destroyed a couple,but now i got 4 of them, and its not i couldt afford an iso, its as because crt monitors prices being so cheap around here, i wouldnt use spend 30dlls for a single iso, i got me 3 monitor for less than that and ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- 2 chassis on the way too. Im also buiilding robotron and a dk cab,so yeah,im pretty serius about it.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 10:18:36 am »
Well I built a full size Robotron if you've seen my thread so not sure if you want a cabaret or full size.  I created a SketchUp project of mine but there are still aspects of the build that I don't finalize until I pre-fit some of the parts.  Like I don't place the supports for the bezel until I get the control panel, marquee, and speaker grill installed and then I lay the cab on its face and position the bezel and then lightly glue the 3/4" supports behind it.  Then I remove the bezel, stand it up and use a brad nailer to secure those support rails.  I don't even remember how I positioned my monitor shelf but I know I waited till last so I could make sure it was centered in the bezel.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 11:55:54 am »
Well I built a full size Robotron if you've seen my thread so not sure if you want a cabaret or full size.  I created a SketchUp project of mine but there are still aspects of the build that I don't finalize until I pre-fit some of the parts.  Like I don't place the supports for the bezel until I get the control panel, marquee, and speaker grill installed and then I lay the cab on its face and position the bezel and then lightly glue the 3/4" supports behind it.  Then I remove the bezel, stand it up and use a brad nailer to secure those support rails.  I don't even remember how I positioned my monitor shelf but I know I waited till last so I could make sure it was centered in the bezel.
Im a build the smaller verion of robotron, im still finding the correct measurements to print the 1:1 pdf from https://www.classicarcadecabinets.com/robotron-mini.html

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:21:02 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 12:09:27 pm »
The dxf file should have all of the proper dimensions. The PDF probably only has the side profile.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:52 pm »
The dxf file should have all of the proper dimensions. The PDF probably only has the side profile.
Thanks i would take a look at it, by the way, what do you guys think of the idea of a longer cocktail cab?
PS: No luck those files also dont have measurements

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:28:57 pm by abispac »

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 03:17:32 pm »
Thanks i would take a look at it, by the way, what do you guys think of the idea of a longer cocktail cab?
PS: No luck those files also dont have measurements

Why can't you take measurements from the PDF File, (although I see it is only the side profile)   Open file in adobe reader dc over on right hand side where it says Search rotate page type in measure, voila select the measuring tool and you can take measurements for whatever you need.  You can also get at measure by going to tools (Next to home) If you measure across the page it should be 36" If that confirms ok then you can take measurements.   As for a Taller Cocktail cab, (Took me a moment to figure out what you meant by longer) Ideally keep it as low as you can,  unless you are planning to use it as a standing table like those in bars, and for extended play sit on some adjustable bar stools, that could work.

abispac

• Offline Offline
Re: Pacman battle royale cocktail hybrid and taller attempt 1
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 09:59:39 pm »

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 11:27:20 pm »
first coated...  :cheers:

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 10:59:01 pm »
I bought the glass and tmolding today

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:09:19 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 11:13:46 pm »
Looking good, man. Nice progress.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 12:22:04 am »
 :cheers:
Looking good, man. Nice progress.
:cheers: thanks i though no one was washing.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 11:46:58 pm »
bought the wrong paint today so i did hardware placement and test it, looks ok a little to streched but the customer wont mind.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 11:08:49 am »
I think all the plans for any cocktail either pacman or galaga are wrong or im doing something wrong, so far i have build 3 or 4 cabs, and every single one, i had problems with the space betwen the glass and the controls. Its to tight. i hope i remember that for the next build, as this is attempt number one.  ill just make the control panel older, circled in red, a little longer to make more room for the controls.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 09:01:30 pm »
Are you using wood panels or metal panels? Because a wood panel is gonna add 3/4 of an inch to that space that it wasn’t designed for.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 12:26:19 am »
Are you using wood panels or metal panels? Because a wood panel is gonna add 3/4 of an inch to that space that it wasn’t designed for.
wood panel, i guess i have to take it into consideration on the next build.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 12:33:23 am »
tmolding on.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2020, 11:56:18 am »
I just did a test adding 3/4 base mefore the glass top, that helps alot. the controls feel alot better, so next time adding 3/4 to the controls holder should do the trick, this time im adding 3/4 base to lift the glasstop, thanks for the advice yotsuya.  :cheers:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2020, 12:05:40 pm »
Yeah, that’s another thing. The tops to those that were cocktails are actually 1 inch thick, not 3/4. So between that and the metal panels there’s a lot of space not accounted for.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 05:41:27 pm »
Got my artwork, today, time to finish this thing, lets do it.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 10:09:12 pm »
getting there.