Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trackball help Optiwiz and Happ on Xbox unleashed  (Read 2198 times)

Jesse_oost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2020, 03:43:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Trackball help Optiwiz and Happ on Xbox unleashed
« on: April 25, 2020, 05:23:32 pm »
Im having trouble with my trackball.  I haven’t been able to have it work after 6 months when I put my machine together and I have given up because I was frustrated.  All the other emulators work and gameplay just not the track ball.  Of course it’s raining today, so I decided to take another shot at this.  I am running an original Xbox unleashed with optiwiz J2 board and a happ trackball.  I have added pictures.   

Controls for joystick 1 and 2 are run through xarcade adapter to the xarcade board Optiwiz is hooked up to controller 3.  I think get power because the trackball glows but no actual movement.   Out of the trackball the black and yellow wire in pic goes to optiwiz pin 1 and 2.  The green, red, white and  black goes to pins 7,8,9,10. I will fix wiring to long term solutions after everything works.   Is there maybe a switch I need to enable?  My emulator in an old golden tee console.  I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Love playing all the sega, nes, snes, etc game would love to be able to play a little golden tee too.  Let me know if anyone thinks they can help and if more info is needed.  Thanks