Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lg crt tv , lets talk about tubes...  (Read 1057 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:26:13 am
Lg crt tv , lets talk about tubes...
« on: April 23, 2020, 11:40:43 pm »
So i was going to rgb this tv and already found my answer somewhere else, and its not worth the time, so i decide to change the subject, i would like to know if this  tube could be usble for an arcade chassis. Now the last time i tried this, i fried the chassis and i dont want to do that again. I think it has to do something with the 4 colored cables that come from the tube to the chassis, i mean i thought it was straight plug and play but obviously is not the case. I do have a flat tube that it was from a tv and whoever moded it, did modify those cables, so that is my question for anyone that would like to help, what do i need to make sure before trying a tv tube on an arcade chassis, thanks for the advice.

So i picked up a donor tv, the owner told me the image was squished to half, but there is image, so i imagine it was probably an easy fix. After opening the tv, i found that it has a big bad cap, so maybe that would fix the problem, but before attempting my fix, i also discovered that there is no jungle a micro controler, it has just one chip, i found the schematic for the chip and every single one i found was in bad quality, but one good thing is, the motherboard has all the levels on each pin. I dont see an rgb in for the chip, i could identify rgb osd out and "y and pb r" in , if that helps.Also the rbg signals that go to the neck are clearly labeled to, on the neck too. So before replacing bad caps i just wonder if this thing would be rgb modable, if not, i can just scrape it and keep the tube (maybe the tube is compatible). Anyway, as always thanks in advance for any advice.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:32:00 am by abispac »