Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My First Arcade Full Cabinet Build Ever  (Read 2656 times)

JohnnyJedi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2020, 07:34:53 pm
  • I want to have 10k games on my arcade machine
My First Arcade Full Cabinet Build Ever
« on: April 03, 2020, 07:35:47 pm »
I am doing my first DIY full size arcade cabinet for the first time in my life. We are on a 30 day lock down where I live you know why  :badmood:  :soapbox: so haven't been able to finish it yet but already started playing games on it,  :laugh: here are some picks of what I've done so far;;

3/4 MDF Panels used, I hate the dust and could've gotten away with 5/8 to minimize on weight, those things are heavy...

my first cut
Done side panels
my first assembly, side panels, bottom and top panel... notice that i changed the side panel on top, the first cut looked too bulky when started assembly so i just made a straight cut on top..
here mounted back panel, bottom marquee panel and the keyboard/mouse pull drawer... also made the t-molding groove..
control panel cut..
control panel & bottom front door assembly.
mounted the 27" monitor, that thing took me all day to get it right...  :banghead:
working on the monitor Bezel...
mounted the Monitor Bezel..
This monster needs power, here is the electrical / tools parts used.
Electricity building process picks.. 

Finally done with the power to it.
Now to work on the control panel.... 
of course a coat of flat black paint as base to it and setting up to make the holes.
this one is missing 1 hole in the middle I later did it,,  :o

and it works  :lol
now this thing needs a pc, doing a whole full blown out Mame Arcade Machine with all the consoles as well..  :laugh2:
Since I had recently upgrading my gaming rig from a I5 6600k to a Ryzen 9 build about 2 or 3 months back I had most of the parts needed for the pc build... here are the picks..
my 10 year old built (assembled) 95% of it.. i only mounted the cpu with the water pump... and of course the programming is me...

got some base paint on till I finish working on the artwork for it..
and here is where I stand right now.. thinking about just painting it all Flat Black and install the T-Molding till I can finish all the artwork then have it print and install it.. so this is not finished yet..

Running LB/BB on it...

Any thoughts & comments welcome..  :dizzy: :cheers:

Just help others because its the right thing to do...

My first Full Cabinet Build http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162377.0.html

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: My First Arcade Full Cabinet Build Ever
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 09:08:57 pm »
Looks like a fun little father son project. Hope you guys have fun with it.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

JohnnyJedi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2020, 07:34:53 pm
  • I want to have 10k games on my arcade machine
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 12:59:51 pm »
ok, I think I finally finished creating all my artwork for the cabinet, took me a while since I had to learn how to do everything from scratch, including learning each of the programs I used (PS, Solidworks, etc...)

Here are the snap shots on how my cabinet will look once I get them printed and here..  Snap shots are from within the solidworks program thus a bit blurry sorry about that.

Here is the front View moving to see the control panel better....

Here is the front side, rotation to the left side view...

Here is the front side (again), rotation to the right side view... btw (from our perspective are the sides)..

Now to wait until the print-shops down here open again since we been on a lock down quarantine since the beginning of March  so i can have them print and install them..  after that the T-molding and done... hha...

Edited by JohnnyJedi, Yesterday, 09:05 PM.

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Just help others because its the right thing to do...

My first Full Cabinet Build http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162377.0.html

Timmos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2020, 12:23:27 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 04:13:19 pm »
This is a great project well done!!!

How many sheets did you need for the build? and what size please?

Thanks