Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best way to make a monitor bezel  (Read 7066 times)

jimmyfloyd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 12:30:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Best way to make a monitor bezel
« on: March 30, 2020, 03:05:42 pm »
I am trying to determine the best way to do a monitor bezel for a machine I am going. It is a dartboard, so I need some protection for the monitor and I would like it to look good. What have people done for monitor bezel or protection? I was thinking of either a clear plastic, or doing a black abs plastic using vacuum forming to add some dimension, then a clear plastic over the monitor itself. Using a standard Dell 20" 4:3 monitor right now.

FALSE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 08:13:59 pm
Re: Best way to make a monitor bezel
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 08:18:00 pm »
I basically made a frame out of wood from 4 pieces of wood. Painted them all black and then had a piece of smoked plexi over that.

JohnnyJedi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2020, 07:34:53 pm
  • I want to have 10k games on my arcade machine
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:34:01 pm »
I did what @False did, 4 scrap pieces of left over MDF to the size of the monitor itself.  Stick a Plexiglass on it, some do it inside the square, others on the outside and others make a groove and stick it inside of it.  me, i personally stuck the plexiglass in between the monitor and the bezel (removable both parts)...

im happy with it and protected the monitor..
Just help others because its the right thing to do...

My first Full Cabinet Build http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162377.0.html

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:06:32 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:47:59 pm »
I use 1/16" black matteboard and cover everything with 1/8" tempered gray glass.  Works perfectly.