Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Switchres issues with RetroArch  (Read 6919 times)

Alaska

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2023, 05:08:15 pm
  • Fight inflation not farmers
CRT Switchres issues with RetroArch
« on: March 28, 2020, 05:11:00 pm »
I successfully installed GroovyMame + Switchres and CRT_emudrivers. It looks fantastic for MAME. However, I would like to use Switchres with NES and SNES emulation. So, I setup retroarch. Trouble is when I turn on 15 hz signal under the CRT options in the rgui, the viewable area goes to roughly 20% of the screen (image below). Anyone know what I am missing here?! Seems like it would be a simple width or resolution issue but I am drawing a blank. I have tweaked the retroarch.cfg file with the following values:

video_driver = “d3d11”
video_frame_delay = “0”
video_fullscreen = “true”
video_smooth = “false”
video_aspect_ratio = “8.000000”
crt_switch_resolution = “1”
crt_switch_resolution_super = “2560”
crt_switch_resolution_use_custom_refresh_rate = “true”
custom_viewport_height = “240”
custom_viewport_width = “2560”

fuchi_jeg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2023, 11:11:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: CRT Switchres issues with RetroArch
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 07:59:48 pm »
I dont have a lot of experience with retro arch, mostly because of similar issues to what you are experiencing.  It just never seems to work exactly the way I want it to. I'm using nestopia and snes9x for those systems, and I really like the results.

romshark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 02:50:59 pm
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 03:52:08 pm »
I tried this as well, and got better results. However, I still had some screen-tearing about 1/6 from the top of the screen (mostly in games like Sonic the Hedgehog, but I did notice it in NES and SNES games too). I was not able to overcome it, but you may have better luck.

I followed this guide:

https://cdcruze.com/2019/03/retroarch-and-crt-emudriver-setup-guide/

Towards the end of the guide, I found it easier to modify the retroarch.cfg file with the listed changes instead of trying to use the menu system.

EDIT: looking at your post closer, it looks like you're already following this guide. Maybe try setting the Windows desktop resolution to 320 x 240 (at least for me, it actually does affect how MAME and Retroarch run). I know I had mine doing this same thing for a bit, but can't remember what was causing it.

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 03:35:34 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I went back into RetroArch and adjusted a few settings with resolution 2560x240 and windowed resolution - 320x240. I was able to get more of the picture on the screen but I get both upper screen tear and for whatever reason, the fullscreen leaves the taskbar at the top.

So, I went back into options and placed the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, where it normally is... this remedied most issues. However, from game to game there is audio latency and other small bugs that continually crop up with RetroArch.

I went into RocketLauncher and selected MAME as my emulator. It is setup with GroovyMame so it should work... and it does. The only issue is that the colors are very muted. Any suggestions? I am guessing this is where setting up system specific .ini files comes into play... but will this remedy the color issue?!

Note - I did go in and try other NES and SNES emulators but I get a very subtle shake in the screen when using these other emulators. This shutter goes away by using GroovyMame. At this time I am going to live with the muted colors and go with functionality.

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 06:07:33 pm »
Update:

I entered in some different parameters into the retroarch.cfg. Looks like the following need to be entered

custom_viewport_x = “2560”
custom_viewport_y = “240”

I also specified the monitor as "2" so that it isn't auto and changed the refresh to 59.99 and change

This seems to have fixed the issue with the rgui splitting the screen but did not fix a lot of the game emulation.

By chance I found that a few games actually worked correctly. I have a second monitor plugged in and opened a screen resolution window on the spare monitor to see what resolutions switchres was envoking. I noticed that every time the screen was cutoff (as shown in picture) the resolution was 2560x224! The walk through that CDCruze posted involved adding some resolutions for MAME. It dawned on me, albeit slowly, that switchres for NES or SNES should only envoke one super resolution per system. In this case 2560x240 for the NES and likely 2560x224 (the problematic resolution) for SNES. Switchres is critical for MAME emulation as there are a ton of different native resolutions for arcade games, hence the need for additional resolutions to be added for RetroArch in the VMM .ini file.

This is where I am getting confused. In the initial photo I am getting horizontal cutoff where the window is only showing a fraction of the horizontal display. The vertical display in the window seems fine... Resolutions are HORIZONTAL x VERTICAL. So why then would I be getting weird cutoff only for 2560x224?! There must be a setting that I have missed in rgui that is limiting the horizontal display window to somewhere around 640 IF the 2560 is envoked. What I mean by this is that the monitor display shifts to 2560 BUT the window in RetroArch only shows 640.

Temporary Fix - I went into the superresolutions.ini file for VMM maker and commented out the 2560x224 resolution, generated the list and installed the resolutions. This fixed all issues with super resolutions because it is now defaulting to 640x480 for the games that want 2560x224.

The NES seems to work great. Most all of these games are asking for a resolution with a vertical pixel of x240. SNES on the other hand needs some work in order to use super resolutions.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:28:05 pm by Alaska »

fuchi_jeg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 07:04:18 pm »
Glad you got it working.

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 03:19:15 pm »
Alright. Seems like the programming is super buggy. What it appears to boil down to is that when the main screen resolution is 640x480 and a game is lauched, sometimes... not always... the game will load correctly in 2560x ANY RESOLUTION. However, other times the game will load in the 2560x 224-240 and only a fraction of the screen is shown. If I load the rgui and it only shows part of the screen I can load a second instance of the rgui and it will show perfectly in fullscreen. It appears that RetroArch doesn't always successfully change from 640x480 to 2560x ANY RESOLUTION. Really strange...

Unfortunately this might be as good as it gets unless someone else has a possible solution. An easy fix is to close the frontend, drop a copy of the .cfg file into the RetroArch folder overwriting the one that is in there with the same version... and then it loads properly again. Pretty lame solution...

daifuku74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2020, 08:00:53 am
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 05:11:20 pm »
I tried this as well, and got better results. However, I still had some screen-tearing about 1/6 from the top of the screen (mostly in games like Sonic the Hedgehog, but I did notice it in NES and SNES games too). I was not able to overcome it, but you may have better luck.

Hello. I had this problem too. I found a workaround for it. You need to choose NATIVE instead of 2560 (or whatever super res) in the CRTswitchres menu.
I guess this can be set for the whole core. Like you, it was obvious that something was wrong with the top of the screen, especially in Sonic Genesis but also, NES and SNES.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 01:41:38 am »
I came here to post this same question and for a second when I seen your post I thought I already asked this question here and that it was my post.

About 5 days ago I installed crt-emudriver, ran vmmaker and set my custom modelines. I disabled amd utility. I followed cdcruzes guide and used
his custom super resolutions list when installing my modelines.

Also used his settings in retroarch.

I had some speed issues in groovymame but ended up getting it working fine now and is awesome.

Then I turned to retroarch. Using cdcruzes guide I had the same exact issue and only 1/3 of the menu would show up. But if I would exit and reopen retroarch then the menu would show fine.
Only a couple cores would work. Everything else I get a scrambled out of sync image or id get the game sound but just a horizontally squished image of my desktop.

I have my crt set as primary. Ive disabled amd utility, disabled game bar. Ive spent the past 4 days trying every combination of settings possible, and started over with a fresh cfg file a dozen times.

At one point I had everything working great but was in 480i and not using the super resolutions as seen in this vid...

Everything ran great. every single core...... but i wasnt settling for 480i i wanted the native custom res with scanlines so started over again.

Ive messed around with it so much I can get any rom/core to run now but dont know the solution....just the cause.
In retroarch when I open it directly the menu is clear like its in progressive mode and no rom from any core will launch right, ill get sound but still just see a darkened squished horizontally desktop.

But if i go into retroarchs settings > video> and turn on "threaded video" it will make my menu flicker like its in interlaced mode and any rom on any core will launch and switchres works and super res works.

The problem is.... next time I open retroarch the menu is in progressive again even though "threaded video" is still on. But if I toggle it to off - my menu will flicker like its in interlaced mode again and will lauch any rom fine again.

Retroarch is starting up in progressive mode and i need it to start in interlaced for it to work. Or at least this is the symptom im seeing and can replicate a fix if I toggle "threaded video" every single time.

Maybe this will help someone more knowledgeable figure out whats going wrong in my setup.

I dont know if its some bug or if its something to do with cdcruzes guide and his list of super resolutions that I used
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:03:29 am by deezdrama »

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 10:11:45 am »
Ive finally figured out what was going wrong. I noticed anytime retroarch would start in progressive 60fps ..... nothing would play, and if I could trick it into interlaced 30fps by toggling "threaded video" then any rom would load fine.
Ive tried changing video_refresh_rate to 30 in cfg file but it was just like toggling "threaded video" and would only work once and next time RA was launched it would revert back to 60fps and whenever RA would start in 60fps mode everything would mess up.
I finally tried turning save_on_exit to false in the config.....

Now retroarch runs fine everytime, and loads all roms/cores without issues.

Untill...... Im in bigbox , then I get a scrambled screen. I dont understand what bigbox could be doing to make the screen scrambled when retroarch runs fine now when launched directly.

Its something to do with retroarch being able to switch resolutions fine on its own but when ran through bigbox it gets messed up. Do I need to run the crt at a specific resolution since it seems bigbox just takes whatever resolution the monitor its on is ran at? Ive tried 640x480 30hz interlaced, 60hz interlaced, 120hz interlaced and all give me the same out of sync image when a games loaded through bigbox. I think once when I set crt to 60hz interlaced the game would load but it wasnt in 240p super res it was in mushy 480i. Ive tried setting desktop res on crt to 2560x240 and load a game in bigbox but just get a squished image but its there and isnt out of sync.

Ive been sitting at this computer for over a week now in ocd mode, i just need it to work so i can do other stuff in life lol. Im desperate…Is crt switchres really this wizardry noone knows about?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 11:57:23 am by deezdrama »

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 04:17:07 pm »
Check out this thread http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/search.php?search_id=294969919  This is what I eventually used to get mine working with several tweaks. It suggests switching the refresh rate to

video_refresh_rate = "59.950001"

I remember reading somewhere about a programming issue if the emulator tries to envoke the same hertz as what is currently displayed... I can't remember the specifics or context (big help here I know), but it might make sense why the refresh rate is lowered slightly in the example.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 08:41:51 pm »
Check out this thread http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/search.php?search_id=294969919 
Thanks for replying! Ive been asking on 5 different forums and noone seems to have a clue.
But sadly the link just says "Your search returned no hits"

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 10:39:32 pm »
Here is the gist:

Very basic guide about how to add custom resolutions through EDID (ATI, NVIDIA, Intel) with stock drivers. Further testing is welcome (even Vmmaker adding resolutions through the emulated EDID would be more than welcome :D)

Needed software VMMaker and CRU.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-set … indows-10/
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thre … tility-CRU

1.    Install an emulated EDID with Vmmaker or CRU (e.g. GENERIC_15). UNTESTED WITH CRU.
2.    Run CRU as administrator.
3.    Select at upper left corner the emulated EDID (e.g. GENERIC_15).
4.    Go to Detailed Resolutions, click Add... and enter the custom resolution values.
5.    Click OK (there can be up to 4 Detailed Resolutions).
6.    If more resolutions are needed go to Extension Blocks. Then CEA-861 exension block. Up to 6 resolutions can be added here.  Ok to accept the resolutions.
7.    Click Ok to close CRU and add the resolutions to the EDID.
8.    Run Restart or Restart64 depending on the Windows version. The screen will blink and the custom resolutions are now available.

Notes:

-Tested on Windows 10 64bits with ATI Catalyst 2015.1104.1643.30033 and driver 15.201.1151.1008-151104a-296217E. Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB. This should work with any card supporting EDID.

-Vmmaker only works with ATI hardware (not sure about this).

- Catalyst  Control Center is fully functional for the custom resolutions.

-WARNING: GroovyMame/switchres shows in the splash screen the vertical refresh is trying to use, it doesn't mean that the driver is accepting that refresh! So the custom resolutions must have the right vertical refresh as switches won't be able to set arbitrary hz with resolutions below 480 lines without patched drivers. UNTESTED.
-Setting arbitrary vertical refreshes should work for resolutions above 480 lines with unpatched drivers WHILE the system has LESS THAN 10 CUSTOM resolutions. UNTESTED.

-Vmmaker allows to add up to 10 resolutions to plain ATI driver (not EDID) but the driver will reject anything below 480 lines (unless is patched).

-Both methods of adding resolutions should work together EDID + Vmmaker.

-CRU also works with NVIDIA and Intel as they also support EDIDs. UNTESTED

-Adding 480 lines resolutions Through Extension blocks adds more 480 lines resolutions like 800x480 and 720x480. This doesn't happen with Vmmaker.

-Testing is recommended on the secondary screen in order to be able to fix things if something goes wrong.

- mame64 –verbose  shows needed information about screens. mame64 –screen \\.\DISPLAY(screen nÂş) tells Mame which screen use.

This method is perfect to avoid changing the video driver, not using a dedicated computer or even not using ATI cards.
Results may differ depending on each specific driver limitations. This guide is based on my current hardware and drivers.
However this allows to easily setup Retroarch or Groovymame without the need of installing CRT Emudriver adding for instance resolutions like:
2560x288@50hz
2560x272@51hz
2560x260@53hz
2560x256@55hz
2560x248@57hz
2560x242@60hz
2560x236@60hz
2560x224@60hz

Groovymame needs to be configured for SuperResolutions and Retroarch needs this options:

video_shader_enable = "false"
video_aspect_ratio = "10.60000"
video_aspect_ratio_auto = "false"
video_windowed_fullscreen = "true"
video_scale_integer = "true"
video_smooth = "false"
video_fullscreen = "true"
video_refresh_rate = "59.950001"
video_monitor_index = "2"   (this one select the secondary display)
video_fullscreen_x = "2560"
video_fullscreen_y = "240"
custom_viewport_width = "2560"
custom_viewport_height = "240"
custom_viewport_x = "2560"
custom_viewport_y = "240"
flicker_filter_enable = "false"
soft_filter_enable = "false"
soft_filter_index = "0"
current_resolution_id = "0"
aspect_ratio_index = "19"

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2020, 10:41:59 pm »
Im too deep into this setup to abandon for another set of software at the moment. If I throw in the towel im going to look at linux I think.
Ive tried setting refresh to 59.950001 along with a hundred other things today  :banghead:
Heres a video of what its doing below.

Retroarch only outputs 240p if i set my desktop res at 640x480 30hz interlaced but then bigbox wont run it.

If i set desktop to 640x480 at 60z or 120hz interlaced then everything runs in bigbox but its in 480 and not 240p because its mushy and no scanlines. Arrrrrggggggg.

I feel like something is just out of sync,something simple im overlooking.  :dunno
I thought maybe i needed to make sure RA and my desktop were in sync so switched desktop to 60hz interlaced now im getting the funky 1/3rd screen again like your original post....im sure its something simple and stupid that im overlooking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/launchbox/comments/fv4ac2/runs_fine_in_retroarch_but_not_in_bigbox_but_why/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:44:41 pm by deezdrama »

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 12:10:58 am »
I get all kinds of different results in retroarch by changing resolutions and refresh rates in these 3 options......
I cant find any info on what these should be set at

options....
desktop: 640x480- 30hz interlaced, 60hz interlaced, 120hz interlaced

retroarch:  crt_video_refresh rate- 30hz, 60hz ,120hz

retroarch:  video_refresh_rate- 30hz, 60hz, 120hz

Ive played around with all different combinations of above settings, some will give me the 1/3rd of screen on left, squished in middle, squished horizontally,

what ive tested tonight

Monitor             retroarch "crt_refresh_rate"        retroarch "video_refresh_rate"           result menu/game
display 60hz,     60hz,                                        60hz                                                retroarch menu=normal     games=squished tiny in bottom left
display 30hz,     60hz,                                        60hz                                                retroarch menu=normal     games=squished tiny in bottom left
display 120hz    60hz                                         60hz                                                menu normal                     games=squished tiny in bottom left
display 30hz      60                                            30                                                    squished vertically             working 240p
display 30         30                                            30                                                    squished vertically             game only on 1/3rd of left side of screen
display 30         30                                            60                                                    normal                              game squished tiny bottom left
30                    30                                            120                                                  squished vert                     working 240p
30                    120                                          120                                                  squished vert                     240p
30                    120                                          30                                                    squished vert                     240p
60hz                 120                                          30                                                    squished vert                     240p
60                    120                                          60                                                    squished vert                      tiny bottom left
60                    60                                            60                                                    normal                               tiny bottom left
60                    60                                           120                                                   squished vert                      1/3rd left
60                    60                                            30                                                    squished vert                     240p
60                    30                                            30                                                    squished vert                     1/3rd left
60                    30                                            60                                                    normal                               tiny bottom left
60                   120                                           60                                                    normal                               tiny bottom left
120                 120                                           60                                                    normal                                tiny bottom left
120                  60                                            60                                                    normal                                tiny bottom left
120                  30                                            60                                                    normal                                tiny bottom left
120                  60                                           120                                                   squished vert                       240p

this is going to make me loose my sanity.  Ive had retroarch menu and games loading right a few times but it doesnt matter. Bigbox loads it in 480i instead of 240p. Bigbox is bugged and not getting any replies on their forum which is frustrating considering how much bigbox is. Sorry to post so much here. I figured i was just overlooking something simple but after probably 30 hours of troubleshooting im about to say screw it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:24:57 am by deezdrama »

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 12:58:19 pm »
I apologize for seemingly taking over your post but figured my issue fit here so kept replying. If I should start my own thread just let me know.

I reposted video on launchbox reddit and getting replies now.

Two guys thought it was because I was launching RA from crt but then launching bigbox (and RA from it) on the lcd. But ive tried for days with only crt enabled and primary, so that scratched that idea out...... But it made me think of what could be a possible issue ........

Atom15 isnt compatible with the r9 380 card im running from what ive read. Its used to boot a safe signal to crt while computer is turned on and posting. My solution was to enable video to the onboard graphics of the motherboard and in bios select it as the screen to post to. This way when the pc boots- its posting the signal to the onboard video port of the motherboard and neither my crt nor lcd get any video signal untill in windows. In windows this faux display is set as device 1, my lcd device 2, and crt as primary device 3.

Even when doing testing with crt only, this faux display is always there and grayed out /not being used but I wonder if its resolution/refresh settings (which I cant open to change because no physical device is connected) is causing a conflict?

I guess Ill have to test with this faux device turned off. Short of that and if that doesnt work- should I try an older version of RA, or is there a way to roll back bigbox update to see if that is an issue?

Thanks for the replies!

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 12:35:12 am »
Well ive disabled integrated graphics to rule that out. Ran only the crt. Reinstalled custom modelines, tried 2 older versions of retroarch......

Same situation..... I can get retroarch to run in 240p but when launched from launchbox or bigbox its in 480i and dont understand why.

Does launchbox run RA from a command prompt? could the command have something added thats forcing 480i? Is there any possible settings in launchbox i should check?

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 01:19:52 pm »
Sorry. I know nothing about LaunchBox/BigBox. I run HyperSpin with RocketLauncher. I can say that RL applies some different setting but does not overwrite .ini files for emulators.  So, when I launch a game through RL it relies on all the hard work that I put into configuring RetroArch and GroovyMame. Granted I had to turn off a lot of setting in RL UI to get to this point... I am also only using emulation on a CRT.

The only thing I can think of is that you want BigBox to launch a game in two resolutions... one for your CRT and one for your Flat screen. I have no idea if this is possible.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 02:53:03 pm »
Yeah.... Its a nightmare. I have only the crt enabled right now and it still forces 480i. Its weird, retroarch itself will only output 240p if I set desktop to 640x480 60hz, and retroarch crt refresh to 60hz with video refresh at 30. Thats the only way it works or I get squished menus or 1/3rd image/squished image/noimage on the roms.
 Im thinking about giving up and just running a crt monitor  :'(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 02:56:47 pm by deezdrama »

fuchi_jeg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2020, 05:01:46 pm »
Use dedicated emulators. I've tried retroarch, and it's the swiss army knife of emulators.  It can do a lot of things, but not as well as an emulator built specifically for a console. It was never worth the headaches and compromises for me.

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 06:30:12 pm »
I have 60hz and 60hz for both settings.

Question - you say it is squished in the bottom left... do you have video_windowed_fullscreen set to true or false?

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2020, 01:52:18 am »
fulscreen true, windowed false

I dont get it, you would think you need desktop 60hz, and in retroarch......crt refresh 60hz and video refresh 60hz but i only get a 240p image that isnt messed up if set video refresh in RA to 30. Then RA will output a great looking 240p signal, but then in launchbox or bigbox its 480i mush.

Ive checked in launchbox that it pointed to the right RA exe , and that it was default, and that there wasnt any command propt commands added. All was ok....but the issue remains.

Its weird... groovymame works with no issues except for having to enable frame delay because of 5x too fast speed untill I enable it.

Retroarch just wont play nice nomatter what I try. I even sat for 2 hours with launchbox and retroarch config open.... Id one by one change a value and launch a game, tested everything i could think of....only get 480i

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 12:52:31 pm »
Well. I can attach my config file if you want. Not sure that it would help but it might at least provide something to compare yours to. I'll snag it off my arcade PC later today.

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 06:22:44 pm »
Config file attached as .txt

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 11:09:37 pm »
Config file attached as .txt
I really appreciate it! Ill compare them and see if I have anything off.

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2020, 12:10:44 am »
I didnt see anything different that would cause issues between my config and yours.....

So I installed another fresh instance of launchbox on my c drive (not my 8tb launchbox drive ive been having the issues with)

Pointed it to retroarch and bam...... 240p first try.

The problem is I spent weeks compiling my 8tb drive from roms I had on my arcade cabs hdd, and roms from another computer. I just recently compiled it all a few months back and its updated to latest launchbox. I pointed to the same retroarch folder as the instance of launchbox I just downloaded and the launchbox I just downloaded outputs 240p fine but my compiled hdd dont. What could be the issue? What would be the best way to fix it without having to recompile/reconfigure the 8tb drive AGAIN from scratch?

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2020, 11:09:08 am »
I finally- after weeks of troubleshooting- got everything launching in 240p as it should. Through countless guides Ive read, and after posting my issue on a dozen forums, I never seen mentioned that you must go into retroarch/config folder and edit each cores config file to turn on crt switchres......but thats what fixed it. Just in time...as I was about to recompile my whole 8tb drive. Glad this issue is over....thanks to all who helped!!!

Alaska

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 11:44:36 am »
Nice work buddy! Glad that you finally got everything running!  :applaud: :cheers: