Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame has stopped Accepting the number 2  (Read 5764 times)

hueffmea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2020, 07:50:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mame has stopped Accepting the number 2
« on: March 27, 2020, 09:56:37 pm »
I'm running Arcade Maximus 2.10 and I upgraded to MAME 0.218. I'm running it on a PC with windows 8.
Ever since I upgraded to MAME 0.218 I can no longer use the keyboard or Tankstick for the number 2 in MAME.
When I use the 2 player button it registers as Kbd2. If I hit it with notepad open it makes a number 2. If I use the keyboard and press 2 same thing.
The moment I open MAME and try to push the 2 player button nothing happens. I goto the config and set "player 2 start" to KBD2 and neither the two from the tankstick or the keyboard works.
I went into the config file and manually set 2 player button to KBD2 and even though it is set, it still doesn't register as being pressed.
To my knowledge all the other keys work. Just not the number 2.