Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can I upgrade graphics card after installing CRT_Emudrivers?  (Read 1268 times)

Alaska

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2023, 05:08:15 pm
  • Fight inflation not farmers
Can I upgrade graphics card after installing CRT_Emudrivers?
« on: March 25, 2020, 03:02:18 pm »
I recently swapped in an old HD 4xxx card instead of my ArcadeVGA and I love the way that CRT_Emudrivers works. However, I am having some strange issues during installation and am thinking that I can remedy them, while improving gameplay, by upgrading to a HD 7450 card. Here are my current issues and a question about installing the 7450 card.

Issues - during CRT_Emudriver install, in step 3, after I click 'detect', I cannot get my DVI port to display on my arcade or LCD monitor. I would like to have the LCD working as a second monitor. I can only get a picture when I click -'extend desktop display'. When I do this it will identify the LCD as monitor 1 and the arcade as monitor 2. If I click 'show desktop on monitor 2' the DVI port does not work and the arcade monitor is identified still as monitor 2 and shows the desktop in 640x480. For this reason I have not proceeded to install super resolutions.

I am thinking that the upgraded card will support more functionality. Are there any steps that I need to take before installing the new card (aside from deleting the 4XXX drivers)?
Thanks for the help!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:26:56 pm by Alaska »

Alaska

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2023, 05:08:15 pm
  • Fight inflation not farmers
Re: Can I upgrade graphics card after installing CRT_Emudrivers?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:26:22 pm »
Apologies ... I have been staring at this thing for too long. Showing desktop only on monitor 2 disables monitor 1... that is expected...

I will continue with super res install but would still like to update the card... any issues with installing the new hardware? Should I delete and reinstall the CRT_Emudriver drivers or just delete the 4xxx drivers and install the new card?

psakhis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:57:56 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Can I upgrade graphics card after installing CRT_Emudrivers?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 04:08:33 pm »
In the past i upgraded hd6450 to hd7750. I remember uninstall old drivers first, replace GPU and with LCD support reinstall new drivers.