Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: OT: Closeouts USA Problem  (Read 3391 times)

Mark3

• Trade Count: (0)
OT: Closeouts USA Problem
« on: March 28, 2002, 07:15:34 am »
Has anyone who ordered from CloseoutsUSA.com had any problems getting thier order.  I ordered the EYGO 27" monitor from them on 3/19/02 and still have not recieved my monitor.  When I called they told me that they would ship it today and the truck only comes one a week . . .  Their web site states  "All orders are shipped within 48 hours of receipt, and are picked, packed and fulfilled from own facility."  Something seens fishy here.  The guy told me that was a mistake and he will correct the website.  Anyone else have a problem ?

Mark "I'm just venting" Schwartz
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

lakkdainen

Re: OT: Closeouts USA Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 07:57:22 am »
They are infinitely slow!  Mine was finally shipped two weeks after placing the order.  Strangely, it was shipped via next day shipping.  

I called almost every day to check on the status of mine.  First, they said they couldn't ship to a residential address, so I gave them a business address.  Then they kept saying that for some reason it was sitting on the dock and wasn't sent.  Every time, the guy promised to email me the tracking number.  He never did.

At one point I called him and said look, are you going to sell me a monitor or what?  I told him I wanted it at my door within 2 days and if that wasn't possible, I just wanted a refund.  Finally I received it.

It is an *excellent* monitor though, and worth way more than the $175 I paid.  Unfortunately, Closeouts is the only place I know of that sells them.  You practically have to threaten to drive down there with a baseball bat and beat his candy ass to get service though.  :)  

Moral of the story:  be an ---uvula---, scream and yell, tell him you want your money back, and you'll get a monitor in no time.  :)

XtremeMAME

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2002, 01:35:38 pm »
At least you could get ahold of him, I got a broken one and he won't reply to my phone calls or e-mail, He promised me a replacement last Fri. which he said he forgot to send and that he would send me one yesterday and gimme the details, Haven't gotten anything yet. This guy is pretty shaky it seems to me. I'm about to bombard his e-mail w/ some pretty harsh crap If I don't get somekind of a response.

XtremeMAME

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2002, 08:39:58 am »
Well, Jim Rainbow has decided that I am too much trouble and wants to give me my money back,We'll see if I get it. He says that he has no customer service problems and that he aslays replys to his customers questions. This guy is full of crap! If you can go another route for a monitor, do it for your wallets sake.