Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: English Mark dart plus 2  (Read 2222 times)

Rahl_28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2020, 01:47:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
English Mark dart plus 2
« on: March 21, 2020, 05:02:33 pm »
Just bought a dart board and wandering how to tell if it has a conversation kit in it already. Am looking to replace board pieces and they look just like the galaxy ones. The chip version is a 6300 V3.0 date 10/7/92. The board itself is a 6000 from 1986( on sticker). Where can I find parts for the board and how can I tell if they’re from a galaxy?
Also wandering if I bought an updated power kit from eBay if that would stop the glitch. It’s not really bad just have to turn off then back on. Would that help?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:05:30 pm by Rahl_28 »

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 12:30:21 pm
Re: English Mark dart plus 2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 02:49:23 pm »
The 6000 series ran from 6000-6800, with 6300 being a common one you see. Galaxy 1 is a different board. With the 6000 series, one big change was the Coin Credit board. I am guessing you have this, along with the thin spider, based on your Version 3.0 software chip. I believe 3.3 was the latest version I have seen of that.

Do you have pictures of your board and power supply? They will help identify what you have

For the power supply, there was the linear power supple, which was the tall one and had a large capacitor handing off it. There was also the switching power supply, which mounted to the back wall of the unit and looked like a metal box with vent holes.

Lastly, what is the glitching issue you are seeing?

Rahl_28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2020, 01:47:02 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 04:27:49 pm »
What is a thin spider?  Took everything out and cleaned, not having glitch anymore-it would freeze up and have to turn off then back on. Hope you can see those pics. The power supply does have a little switch in back. G tv hanks for responding

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 12:30:21 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 01:47:17 am »
Looks like the thin spider and the linear power supply (older)