Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: English Mark dart super 6 plus 2  (Read 3986 times)

Rahl_28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2020, 01:47:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
English Mark dart super 6 plus 2
« on: March 21, 2020, 05:49:08 pm »
Anybody know where I can find replacement pieces for the board? Mark dart super 6 plus2.... I believe it’s the 6000 series

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 12:30:21 pm
Re: English Mark dart super 6 plus 2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 02:45:00 pm »
What are you looking for? I have a bunch of replacement parts here for the English Mark Dart and Galaxy 1 dartboards.

Rahl_28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:11 pm »
Looking for the 3 locks with keys, the 3.3v chip? Maybe you can answer this for me, the segments that are on my board are the same as the galaxy, is that normal? I tried finding replacements and both games are different. Was just trying to figure out the correct ones for my board.

Rahl_28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:59 pm »
Thanks for responding

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 01:45:28 am »
No problem. For the segments and spider (yellow part) there were two types: old fat spider that used a 3 ribbon matrix and a newer thin spider which used a single ribbon matrix. As the name suggests, the spider is wider between the segment. You can tell the segments apart by the back, with the older ones having little plus symbols on the back.

From you picture and version, you have the thin spider which is good. The spider, matrix, and segments are used still in the galaxy 1,2,2.5,and 3 machines, so you can get parts for that. The board, target interface, coin credit and power supply are not available new, but i have 6-15 of each here if you ever need one, or parts.

For the locks, you should be able to find standard locks that will work.

Rahl_28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 07:23:05 am »
When you talk about the spider is that the pressure point plate?  Or is it the frame that’s holds the segments? The segments do not have the plus, they have a few edges that stick out and I believe they’re from  the galaxy style. Here’s a few pics of the boards. As of right now everything works as it should. Is it possible to change some circuit boards and update this to a galaxy?

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 09:26:42 am »
correct. The Spider holds the segments. You do have the galaxy style, which is the newer version. This is good for the potential upgrade. There was an upgrade kit put out by Arachnid, but probably won't find it complete at this point. here is the Flyer: http://antelopearcade.com/files/Ken%27s%20Korner/Arachnid%20Galaxy%20Conversion%20Kit%20Flyer.pdf

You could probably put one together. At minimum you'd need the main board, wiring harness, Target Interface and 6 wire RJ-11 cable, and maybe the power supply. I have most of these, except the wiring harness and power supply.

Here are the documents on your board if you don't have them: https://www.arachnid360.com/2019-commercial-products/legacy-dartboards/6000-series-dartboards/

Rahl_28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 01:47:03 pm »
Thanks for the help and info, I’ll let you know if I need anything, I might change everything out and upgrade. Will the tv still work if I do that?

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 05:17:29 pm »
It should. The board just needs a monitor that supports an AV input to work, which the original should. Both boards support AV.

Also, the wiring harnesses are very similar in inputs, so there is a small chance you could modify your current one to power up the game. Unsure what the Coin Credit board would do in that case though. You could always make your own harness too if you did not need the coin section to work. I have a custom made harness for bench testing the boards.