Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade monitor isolation transformer.  (Read 6506 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:59:47 am
Re: Arcade monitor isolation transformer.
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 01:02:42 am »
This particular monitor i would like to use on a future project so i have to run it with the iso to ensure the monitor last longer.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:27:21 am
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2020, 09:13:10 am »
This particular monitor i would like to use on a future project so i have to run it with the iso to ensure the monitor last longer.

I think similarly, but it is a bit more like "I would like to work on a future project, so I have to use an ISO to make sure that I last longer". That is, don't die. That is why monitor repair dudes always use ISOs at their workbenches - because they have other things they'd like to do before they die.
Check out my completed projects!

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2020, 09:26:57 am »
If you want to build a bench isolation supply - look here:  Bench Power supply

I made this just for working on Monitors - super convenient.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:47:09 pm by bperkins01 »
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:27:21 am
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2020, 12:46:18 pm »
If you want to build a bench isolation supply - look her:  Bench Power supply

I made this just for working on Monitors - super convenient.

Wow, I really am impressed bperkins01. ISO envy here. You made a nice unit there, now I know to do it next time. This thread has truly become worthwhile.

First time, all I had was some bits of tightly-twisted plastic-coated copper wires, a bit of hardwood, a left-over PC power cable, some straws, pipe-cleaners, string and crayons and this is what I came up with. Well OK, just kidding about everything from the straws on (plastic straws are bad for oceans anyway). But I did use a pen for the label (paper tape), some heatshrink, a few screws and cable ties.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:48:15 pm by Zebidee »
Check out my completed projects!

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2020, 10:43:48 am »
Wow, I really am impressed bperkins01. ISO envy here. You made a nice unit there, now I know to do it next time. This thread has truly become worthwhile.

First time, all I had was some bits of tightly-twisted plastic-coated copper wires, a bit of hardwood, a left-over PC power cable, some straws, pipe-cleaners, string and crayons and this is what I came up with. Well OK, just kidding about everything from the straws on (plastic straws are bad for oceans anyway). But I did use a pen for the label (paper tape), some heatshrink, a few screws and cable ties.

Thanks - when I was researching them - I saw transformers, covered in dust, screwed to a board..  pain to store..  modular with a case I liked.
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/