Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: R90 Jukebox/WRF Wall Box questions  (Read 3764 times)

Old Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2021, 08:50:36 pm
  • Love old arcades and jukeboxes
R90 Jukebox/WRF Wall Box questions
« on: March 09, 2020, 11:23:30 pm »
Last fall I purchased a Rowe/AMI R90 “Golden” Jukebox.  Took me a little bit. and with help from this forum, I was successful at getting it up and running!  Wasn’t as difficult as I had imagined but after replacing both woofers and learning how to program it sounds great.
Since that went so well, I ran across an AMI WRF Wall Box that I’d like to add to the R90.  I just got it so I’m in the process of sorting out where I am and what I need to know so that I can set a plan of action.  Here are my questions and if anyone can help I’d really appreciate it.  Thanks ahead of time.
A) I can’t seem to find either a printed or downloadable copy of the manuals for the WRF.  Can anyone give me a direction to look?
B) I have read my R90 manuals and found that only 3 specific accessories are listed for use with R90 and WRF combination (2-66989-05 Wall Box Adaptor Harness Kit (WRF), 4-06891-01 Auxiliary Power Supply for the WRF, and 0-05080-00 7-Conductor Cable [Either Belden No 8447 or Columbia No 4082]). Is this correct?  No stepper needed? 
C) If that is all I need (along with the manual, can anyone point me in the direction of where to locate the harness kit and the power supply? 
D) Can I use another 30 V power supply if I can match the 11.2 W and 0.41 A listed on the tag on the inside of the WRF?
E) I’m assuming that the 7-conductor wire will be pretty straight forward to find.  Any specific gauge wire to use?

I really appreciate your help on this. 

scottydj2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 06:44:13 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: R90 Jukebox/WRF Wall Box questions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 08:26:52 pm »
Hi Old Guy,

Old topic I know, just wondering if you ever managed to track down any info on the WRF box?

I'm looking for info on the comms/pulse protocol used in these later boxes as I believe they do not use the electro-mechanical method of generating pulses.

Thanks,

Scott

s-petersen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 08:00:07 am
Re: R90 Jukebox/WRF Wall Box questions
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 06:44:29 pm »
It's my understanding the communication is RS-485, but what data it expects I have no idea, I tried to connect to the CD wallbox, and had no luck with that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 06:47:46 pm by s-petersen »