Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone plz help me on IPAC Setup for cabinet fighting games.  (Read 795 times)

Bonoscot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2021, 07:52:55 am
Anyone plz help me on IPAC Setup for cabinet fighting games.
« on: March 09, 2020, 01:13:45 pm »
Hey,i just spent 3 months building my cab,eberything so far up and running.

I have a 2 player Ipac setup,but im struggling to setup many of my fighting games as a majority of them want you to use a Xbox xontroller,especially for player 2.

This is infuriating now that ive went this far and got stuck on the basic control inputs.

My main game is Mortal Kombat 11 ( i finally have this up and running with 2 players after i had to set my Ipac buttons to mimic the exact keyboard buttons in the game) So this works.

My other games though im struggling with.

Injustice 2 - Lets me setup 1 player fine but when i select 2 player the xbox controller appears and it doesnt allow me to change to 2 player keyboard player.

Marvell Vs Capcom Infinitate - Can select 1 player on keyboard but in the options it doesnt even allow me to change up/down/left/right,i can change the punch/kicks though as they are selectable.....player 2 setup is again a full xbox controller player,no keyboard.

Am i doing something really easily wrong here? Does anyone have an ipac setup and runs these games no problem? I dont really want to be forced to use controllers as it defeats the purpose of my arcade cabinet build.

Is there a program i can use and a walkthrough?

Anyone help me please,its driving me up the wall now that the basic controls are the main issue for me after all this time.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Anyone plz help me on IPAC Setup for cabinet fighting games.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 02:35:55 pm »
PM Rablack97 - he might be able to assist you
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Bonoscot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2021, 07:52:55 am
Re: Anyone plz help me on IPAC Setup for cabinet fighting games.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 08:53:53 am »
Ok i managed to install a firmware update for the IPAC 4,its now on 1.53.

I have clicked on switch/gamepad and started to configure buttons to emulate the Xbox controls ( as my cab has the colour button layout). After about 3 hours now i have played a guessing game and managed to get the player 1 up/down/left/right  A (green) B (red) Y(Yellow) X (blue) all configured,but im having trouble making the left trigger/right trigger/LB/RB/Start and Select buttons to set. They dont seem to want to change or save on input select.

I have the standard 8 button layout with a start and select (10 in total) for player 1.

The good thing is i feel as if im making progress,the game starts and on select of a button the game will start a round but again the block/stance/x-ray buttons wont change or set.

Am i doing something wrong? Is there an easier way toset this up using other software?

The majority of my games in my machine are Xbox Controller related and want to use the same layouts for my Hyperspin and Launchbox setup (emulators like SNES/Genesis)

Any help would be appreciated now please,im climbing the walls with this.