Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The horror...the horror  (Read 3501 times)

MYX

• Trade Count: (0)
The horror...the horror
« on: April 07, 2002, 08:05:15 pm »
MAME DK seems to be out of commission. Due to copyright folks doing what we all fear the most, they were forced to close shop.  
What can I say... It is my humble oppinion that MAME DK was one of the best locations for all you need. Well organized and above 99% working product, which is alot more than some other places.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2014, 01:37:18 am
  • Yes, that is a joystick in my pocket.
    • 1UPArcade
Re: The horror...the horror
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2002, 08:41:19 pm »
Fear not, there are still a few overseas sites to get your Mame on, as well as the burning groups.  I'm sure the shutdown is due to the recent re-marketing of 80's stuff, with many companies dusting off old properties to get yet MORE money out of us aging 80s kids (already having spent the bulk of our allowances in the form of quarters...)  Yeah, Pac-Man is kind of cool in 3D, but I still like knowing that I can play the original, down to the smallest detail and nuance.

When the 90s kids start to go bald, the heat will probably start to subside while they sell parts of Kurt's head.

Free resource for building your own rotating control panels!

My other job...

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2020, 05:00:22 pm
  • Even Jesus loves Donkey Kong!
    • MYX Digital Blog
Re: The horror...the horror
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 12:33:24 pm »
Wow your probably right. You know, I am half embarassed to say that I have caught myself listening to the 80's radio channel while plaing MAME. Now this was not on purpose but I guess that there is something to be said about listening to Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks singing Stop dragin my heart around whilst playing defender. The only completion would be getting some sent of rollerskates. Ok...Ok I am givin myself the creeps. middle school sucked then and lets not go back there. (accept fot the games) As to MAME DK I hope that they find some way of pulling this one through.
M    Y    X

BLACKOUT  - Finally rewritten - http://blog.myxdigital.com/
Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0