Main > Everything Else

The horror...the horror

(1/1)

MYX:
MAME DK seems to be out of commission. Due to copyright folks doing what we all fear the most, they were forced to close shop.  
What can I say... It is my humble oppinion that MAME DK was one of the best locations for all you need. Well organized and above 99% working product, which is alot more than some other places.

1UP:
Fear not, there are still a few overseas sites to get your Mame on, as well as the burning groups.  I'm sure the shutdown is due to the recent re-marketing of 80's stuff, with many companies dusting off old properties to get yet MORE money out of us aging 80s kids (already having spent the bulk of our allowances in the form of quarters...)  Yeah, Pac-Man is kind of cool in 3D, but I still like knowing that I can play the original, down to the smallest detail and nuance.

When the 90s kids start to go bald, the heat will probably start to subside while they sell parts of Kurt's head.

MYX:
Wow your probably right. You know, I am half embarassed to say that I have caught myself listening to the 80's radio channel while plaing MAME. Now this was not on purpose but I guess that there is something to be said about listening to Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks singing Stop dragin my heart around whilst playing defender. The only completion would be getting some sent of rollerskates. Ok...Ok I am givin myself the creeps. middle school sucked then and lets not go back there. (accept fot the games) As to MAME DK I hope that they find some way of pulling this one through.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version