Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Andyland  (Read 1685 times)

bimm25e

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:49:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Andyland
« on: March 06, 2020, 11:43:53 am »
Hey all ive been doing this stuff for about 10 years now and i figure its time to post a few pictures.  This is Andyland as it is today, the pinballs are stock, the vids are tricked out.

Up first is the big chungus, the showcase cabinet

Sporting a 36" neotec NT monitor, this puppy was originally a maximum force.  It is now a tricked out "3-way-JAMMA" cabinet, that can accept input form PCs, SCART consoles, and JAMMA arcade games.

I have 6 JAMMA light gun games, each "cartridgized" in boxes with JAMMA extender harnesses.  These run to a splitter operated by an old serial port switch dial that passes the board select wire and +-stereo.  The dial is used to select which of the games you want to play and is mounted through the lock hole on the right side of the cabinet

On the 2nd deck is a windows 7 machine running hyperspin.  I am only passing joystick buttons to the PC through zero delay usb boards. This hooks up to a JPAC to feed video to the buttons. I will be routing the buttons through the jpac soon and getting rid of the zero delay cards.

I have a jamma-scart adapter that lets me plug in consoles with scart cables to the monitor.

I have a 2.1 audio amp with mini stereo input to drive the subwoofer and LR speakers for the pc and scart board
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:47:56 am by bimm25e »

bimm25e

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:49:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Andyland
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:55:34 am »
Pictures of the switcher pc, amp, jpac, scart input board.

The jamma boarda are all in amazon boxes with jamma extenders coming out that run to the switch
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:09:38 pm by bimm25e »

J_K_M_A_N

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:51:32 pm
Re: Andyland
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 02:53:28 pm »
I love Fish Tales. I used to play that a lot at the bowling alley. Nice setup.

J_K_M_A_N