Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Never Order from Suzo-Happ Rip Off  (Read 1903 times)

Michael 789

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2020, 09:28:55 pm
  • There's no car like a Mopar
Never Order from Suzo-Happ Rip Off
« on: March 02, 2020, 04:49:30 pm »
Hello all ,

I made a mistake by ordering from Suzo-Happ yesterday, 1st you have to have a min of 50 bucks to order from them which I was ok with so I order 50 bucks worth not a huge order by any means mostly small stuff a few switches ,switch plate is probably the biggest thing.So it said shipping would be calculated when the order ships so I thought I was playing it safe when I selected ups ground( boy was I wrong )21.95 for a small order ! I had ten items the two most expensive was the switch plate at 13.25 and an harness for an analog joystick 15.00 everything else was like nylon lock nuts, some screws an actuator for 97 cents ,crap like that. Am I over reacting ? :soapbox: Well its a done deal but I did send them a message that I would never order from them again,it just seems like they did the shipping this way on purpose so they can charge what they want ,I would have canceled  the order if I'd know what the shipping would have been for so little product,lesson learned.
Michael

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
Re: Never Order from Suzo-Happ Rip Off
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 06:32:58 pm »
Happ isn't really intended for hobbyists. They're a supplier for the industry. Back in the day we ordered most stuff from them because there weren't retailers catering to the BYO crowd, but it got popular enough that better alternatives emerged.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 12:27:38 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 07:00:49 pm »
I think most of us have been bitten by Happ’s shipping at some point in this hobby. For me, it was a small coin door.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 07:50:27 pm »
Happ is super expensive but to be fair they are the only company to stock quality 'merican style parts. 

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 08:00:21 pm »
Divemaster still selling their stuff or has he moved on?

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:06:20 pm »
Happ is is 100% awesome...So put on your big girl bloomers, pay the ticket, And dont forget to Spay or neuter your pets.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:20:02 pm »
Divemaster still selling their stuff or has he moved on?

He isn't active anymore but his shingle is still out -

http://arcadeemulator.net/

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:28:11 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 12:27:03 am »
Their shipping costs are an intentional deterrent.  You ordered a handful of ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- that wasn’t worth their time, and then you wasted more of your time and theirs with a gripey email.  And even more posting about it.

Not saying it feels good, but it is what it is.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 01:03:25 pm »
Yeah I mean they typically supply the parts for an entire production run of a game.  They aren't really geared towards selling three joysticks and a handful of buttons. 

behrmr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2021, 09:17:13 am
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 01:41:46 pm »
I read the first sentence and then said "this is going to end with him getting hosed on shipping".  It's unfortunate but that's the way it goes.  The only place I'm pretty OK with letting them calculate shipping after the fact is Arcadeshop.  And Steven will call you if it's ridiculously high shipping cost first.

Michael 789

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2020, 09:28:55 pm
  • There's no car like a Mopar
Re: Never Order from Suzo-Happ Rip Off ,Update and conclusion.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 09:28:55 pm »
Well Suszo-Happ called me twice on the day I sent my E-mail  and did leave me a voicemail ! Although I elected not to take the call I did communicate through e-mail at my request in which they had no issues in doing, it appears they do care about the guy that orders a few joysticks and buttons and they didn't feel it was a waste of their time or mine as they kept in constant touch with me to investigate the matter. They contacted their shipping dept and after a couple of days of emails found the problem ,they had charged me dimensional weight not actual weight of the product plus had tacked on another 6.50 for handling,they reimbursed me the full 21.95 for shipping(the box size is "8 x 6.5")not very big and didn't even way a pound.I told them I didn't have a problem with paying a fair shipping rate but they still gave me a full refund.So they made a small mistake and investigated it ,found the problem and did better than make it right.I say it looks like they do care about what their customers think big or small.I also suggested that they update their system by changing it to see actual shipping cost before checkout because they know the product they make and sell so they should also know weights etc, and to add options for flat rate shipping boxes per size,you know if it fits it ships!(one down note is they only use UPS) That way the customer has options to pick from to help out the process with no big surprises,I was told that sounded like a good ideal and they would pass it along,so who knows.So for me it worked out great and a Big shout out to Suzo-Happ .I don't think people should just roll over when things like this happen you should at least send an email and be heard because the people that do nothing always say"put on your big girl panties".

:lol
Michael

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:28:11 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 01:32:48 am »
Glad it worked out for you.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 04:15:59 am »
They are awesome folks, and on my short list of vendors...Your shipping thing sounds complicated, and hardly worth all the time for just 1 box...But glad you got it sorted out.