Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Configuration help available for Maximus Games MAME? - Happy Leap Year!  (Read 6582 times)

MrJaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2020, 07:10:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I picked up a working two person Maximus Games MAME cabinet and have been enjoying it for several months. When changing between games it seems I somehow accidentally enabled a hotkey or unintentionally did something that changed my controls on all games. Oops! I wasn't even in the settings menu. I was playing Hyper Sports and apparently pressed some combination of buttons and now have the option for four players even though I have a two person cabinet. Again, all games now have different controls and can no longer be played except for the ability to play Hyper Sports at 4 players (I can control players 1 and 3, each on the player one side of the two player cabinet). Any idea how to revert back to previous settings? I would appreciate some phone support. Any services available, ideas, or recommendations? I'm in Southern California in case there are any local pros available to help in person. Thanks!

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:54:50 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
From part of your description, it sounds like you might have modified the dip switches for Hyper Sports, switching it to the 4-player instead of 2-player settings.

You can adjust MAME settings by hitting TAB while in the game and take a look for that.

I'm not sure why that would effect your ability to play other games though. For control problems in general, if it's all arcade games, I'd keep looking around in MAME. Maximus Arcade (the front end) doesn't dictate controls.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
From part of your description, it sounds like you might have modified the dip switches for Hyper Sports, switching it to the 4-player instead of 2-player settings.

You can adjust MAME settings by hitting TAB while in the game and take a look for that.

I'm not sure why that would effect your ability to play other games though. For control problems in general, if it's all arcade games, I'd keep looking around in MAME. Maximus Arcade (the front end) doesn't dictate controls.

^ This.

Sounds like you have somehow modified the MAME config.

Wzrd0803

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 11:32:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
When changing between games it seems I somehow accidentally enabled a hotkey or unintentionally did something that changed my controls on all games.

Delete the default.cfg file in the Mame/cfg directory.  That will make the keys back to default (i.e. Up=Up Arrow, Down=Down Arrow, etc) for all games.