Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Replacing old ArcadeVGA setup with groovymame. Video card /OS recommendations...  (Read 1177 times)

dabone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2023, 12:03:37 pm
  • Time to work...
I'm replacing a old xp setup running a AGP arcade vga along with mamewah, and was wondering what hardware I should go with currently.

Cabinet is a Neo Candy 29, with a standard 15K monitor.

I'm a computer tech, and have access to either 7 or 10 for os, and can source whatever is recommended.

I'm leaning towards like a 6th gen i3 or i5, 8gb ram, but what video card and os?

Thanks.
Later,
dabone

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Win 10 for sure, unless you're going online and don't ever want to deal with W10 creator updates resetting your video drivers.

As for GPU, what do you want to play? Give section i) of this guide a read - https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/arcade/m-a-m-e-emulation-projects-and-discussion/89704-a-guide-to-connecting-your-windows-pc-to-an-sd-crt-tv-pvm-or-arcade-monitor

dabone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2023, 12:03:37 pm
  • Time to work...
So radeon with windows 10. I already have a R7 260x laying around, so I'll start there. As for what I want to play, there's not a lot of newer stuff I want to run, so it is probably overkill.

Thanks!

And thanks for the link, lots of very useful answers there.

Later,
dabone